Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I REALLY want to get a gsx-r1000, and I’ve only looked at other sport bikes and with every one I’ve noticed, is the shift lever is EXTREMELY far down (I’m used to my Honda shadow) and I have ankle problems that won’t let it move up and down as much as a sport bike needs. My ankle sticks to a 90 degree angle with my leg and I can kind of move it up by about 25-30 degrees and down by about 10 degrees. is it possible if I got a gsx-r1000 I could adjust it to accommodate? I really love these bike and would love to own one but if I can’t ride it there’s no point.

· Registered
1,225 Posts
There are aftermarket parts that can change the position of the toepeg or the footpegs
Some aftermarket rearsets may also offer above average versatility with peg positions

But Most OEM levers can be repositioned up or down, either by changing the length of the shiftrod, or reorienting the shiftlink on the engine
Part #29 and #27
(Image is from a GSXR-1000 K5, but you can find images of other models Here as well)

· Registered
1,225 Posts
I think aftermarket rearsets might be overkill in this case (and a lot cheaper options available

But let's get real here: a 1000 just needs first gear for the public roads ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.