1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19 Posts
never heard of that before but i can believe it. it will be difficult more than likely to get the bolt out dependin on the grade of medal bolt is made out of. only way to get it out is to drill it out. u can try if there is one small enough using a small drill bit and using a small bolt extractor to try and remove the bolt if ur luckly broken part of bolt wont be tight inside the drum and just come right out. if the bolt is stuck and u cant get loose than it will have to be drilled out completely and re tapped . be care full not to snap the extractor they break easy so if it doesnt budge then dont press ur luck because u cant drill through the exractor its carbide only way then would be to grind it out. oreilly auto parts have them. if u cant get the bolt out then u prob will have to replace the drum. unfortunately u cant just remove the drum because the shift forks wont let it come out while in the tranny. u will from that point have to drop engine and split very bottom case which the drum then will come out. any question feel free to message me later
Stevo

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,092 Posts
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181307&highlight=shifter

not the first time. get a new bolt and shift drum from suzuki. the shift drum comes out pretty easily. you will have to remove a few philips head screws and the shift forks and shafts they ride on. take a GOOD look at the shift forks wile they are out. 2nd gear is a popular problem and i could imagine your trans was not shifting properly with the bolt backed out or sheared off. i happen to have another shift drum and bolt in my garage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh, the retainer bolt had just backed out, so no drilling and tapping needed, putting it together today hopefully

1 - 4 of 4 Posts