Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Just call me Colonel Angus
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my zuki gsxr750 I mean

She was northbound out leaving class today. We have 4 or 5 armed squad-vehicle driving cops in this class, btw, so I was following one of the faster drivers as they left too. In a 70 mph zone they were doing 85-90 but zuki had no probs keeping up. Except for that dadgum DPS Patrol car we went by as he had a semi pulled over on the other side of the highway.

Got me a ticket/promise to appear happy happy joy friggin joy. Wonder what that's gonna end up costing me?

I didn't tell 'em how fast she's gone when they weren't around haha :smackbottom

:cheers all

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your English makes no sense... you obviously "smoked some."
English is fine, you just have to know how to read it. I was raised in the South (USA) and some say we talk a little funny.

And I have been known to get some smoke in the eye. You get used to it.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
English is fine, you just have to know how to read it. I was raised in the South (USA) and some say we talk a little funny.

And I have been known to get some smoke in the eye. You get used to it.
If people have to "know how to read it," your writing is the problem and your English is not "fine." Period. So, if you expect help and answers from others... fix your post. No one here is going to go out of their way to read that nonsense, so don't expect everyone to change for you.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Excuse me, Colonel Angus, but your English leaves much to be desired...

If you like to do 90 mph and get ticketed at such, then expect sympathy here, your tenure at this site will be quite short-lived.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

If you like to do 90 mph and get ticketed at such, then expect sympathy here, your tenure at this site will be quite short-lived.
:spit You ass,now I must remove the coffee I spat on my keyboard :lol

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Whoa white-flag truce request, ya ain't gotta break out the hammer on me. Not looking for sympathy so much as wondering if anyone knew or had experience with how much $ a speeding ticket like this costs.

And maybe you can help with the English problem. I only see one 'word' I wrote that is not in most dictionaries ('em which is a common short-form of "them". Oh there's also "probs" which I used as problems. Ironic. I find it humorous to write that way and it may be a hard habit to break.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Whoa white-flag truce request, ya ain't gotta break out the hammer on me. Not looking for sympathy so much as wondering if anyone knew or had experience with how much $ a speeding ticket like this costs.

And maybe you can help with the English problem. I only see one 'word' I wrote that is not in most dictionaries ('em which is a common short-form of "them". Oh there's also "probs" which I used as problems. Ironic. I find it humorous to write that way and it may be a hard habit to break.
We're a sarcastic bunch,ain't we? It's all in good fun w a lil truth throw in for the fuck of it :lol

BTW,I like your new title :spit

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We're a sarcastic bunch,ain't we? It's all in good fun w a lil truth throw in for the fuck of it :lol

BTW,I like your new title :spit
Yes, I like it too. Very becoming don't you think?

But I think I may have seriously misinterpreted the GixxerGuys sticky to take this forum seriously:gaah

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Nobody posts in this section any longer,was surprised when I saw a new thread here yesterday.

Our former Mod Oldfart01 started it and once he left it kinda died along with his absence,was a stab at the female-only GixxerGirls forum

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nobody posts in this section any longer,was surprised when I saw a new thread here yesterday.

Our former Mod Oldfart01 started it and once he left it kinda died along with his absence,was a stab at the female-only GixxerGirls forum
I saw 2019 comments so thought it was still active. And full disclosure: I had you mixed up w/oldfart! Well, at least we have that straightened out...:surprise:

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts

Normally, if I cannot easily understand what someone typed and they get busted for over 90 (except for maybe those 80 zones in Texas) and have a pending court date I assume that they won't last long, here. They normally don't.

Don't try to get pedantic about dictionary content, either. The grammar in your post was terrible. It had the style and grace of a dead pig hitting a brick wall at 60mph. :lol

"Colonel Angus" is a Saturday Night Live skit where they used a fake southern accent to make normal words sound dirty. Kinda like the "Cork Soaker" they did in a fake Italian accent. The old lady soaked a lot of corks in the depression...

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Normally, if I cannot easily understand what someone typed and they get busted for over 90...They normally don't.
My daughter and I have a fun saying from back when she was still just a young wee little lass, “it’s not normal to be normal” and we did things like always buying drive-thru ice-cream in the Winter (because in the Texas Summer it won’t last 5 minutes and drips all over everything).

Don't try to get pedantic about dictionary content, either. The grammar in your post was terrible. It had the style and grace of a dead pig hitting a brick wall at 60mph. :lol
Hey I’ll have you know that in certain literary circles it would be accorded all the praises of the literary masterpiece that it is! jk I'll try to not be all hick.

"Colonel Angus" is a Saturday Night Live skit where they used a fake southern accent to make normal words sound dirty. Kinda like the "Cork Soaker" they did in a fake Italian accent. The old lady soaked a lot of corks in the depression...
Sorry, I have not ever heard of either Colonel Angus or Cork Soaker, and I have never been a fan of SNL (so never watch it) but I do enjoy a good rum (or some of that smooth Canadian bourbon) and coke.

And thanks for the new moniker:cheers

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I think you'll have better luck making 'Ed Sullivan show' references.
I knew exactly what he was referring to,weirdo! I don't think Smoked Sum is that old...you're prolly older than him ya prick:piss

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Nah you already blew it. Hee haw as a kid means you're my age - early-mid 50s.

Never mind Betsy, you can't even spell 'show'. Are you typing on an iphone with your elbows? :facepalm

welcome to gdc :flipoff

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nah you already blew it. Hee haw as a kid means you're my age - early-mid 50s.

Never mind Betsy, you can't even spell 'show'. Are you typing on an iphone with your elbows? :facepalm

welcome to gdc :flipoff
I'm pretty sure I remember Ed Sullivan saying "shew" (with his special accent) and not in the proper vernacular form of "show". And I am not a subscriber to the notion that "bitsy" is not a commonly used form of "Betsy" as said by various persons I knew once upon a time. At least, a lot of the time it sounded like they were saying bitsy.

Getting (a lot) warmer with the age guess:monkeyface

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
10 Participants
spike52
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing