Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She\'ll be pissed but I ordered these today...

I called Yoyodyne today and ordered them...$500 or so...should be here from japan before...oh...october?

[ 04-18-2002, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: She\'ll be pissed but I ordered these today...

Those are works of art. Ought to put 'em up on the wall.

Makes me wish I had a CNC machine handy. Of course, I think that a lot looking at all the unobtanium on this site.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

Dude, 500+ rear sets and the bikes in the living room, I tell ya what when the wife gets home you can crash at my house

-Karl

·
Banned
11,514 Posts

I posted this in Gen a little while ago:

I have a set of these in my hands and I know I can mount them up without hacking the original frame. All I need to do is make two small brackets/spacers to bolt up to the stock holes

·
Registered
156 Posts

oooohhh man and i thought my yosh rearsets were something ,,,,, those things are absolutley beautiful , works of art .....man i would kick the wife out before the bike gets moved to the garage ,,,it stays in the house

·
Banned
11,514 Posts

do the ones you are getting have the stock mounting tab for the fairing as in the pics?

if so you are going to have to chop them off and add some heal protectors

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I'm going to have to put a pic of my gixxer in my sig again because everyone keeps forgetting I have a limited...

My bodywork doesn't attach to the rearsets like on the G models. I will loose the really cool factory heel protectors though. like you can see here...

Mr Gixxer...For your ultra cool rearsets, boy those are nice too...Here's an easy solution...Take two sheets of plate steel/aluminum (I may have to dumpster dive for you) and cut the pattern from the original rearset. With the plates mounted you can drill the correct positions for the new rearsets where you want them. You could then either cut off the excess plate or drill more mountings holes to fine-tune the position of the rearsets...sort of like Attack rearsets have.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Simon, you're my hero.
I'd be selling the bike to afford a divorce lawyer if I ever arbitrarily ordered something like that. However, if I could somehow convince her they were for HER comfort, it'd prolly be okay...

Be sure to post some pix of the completed bike!

·
Banned
11,514 Posts

Yes I remember you got the LTD, that's why I asked about the mounting tab (cause you don't need it)

after looking at your rearsets I went out to the garage and decided that I am going to cut the stock rearset brackets and use those

I think I need to buy a Dremel

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

Simon I didn't see those on the yoypdyne web site got a link...
-Karl

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

Those are sweet looking. I can't wait to get me a pair.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
11,514 Posts

any source for a cool triple tree for our old beasts?

I really like those rearsets

$500 give or take you say?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts