Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Chillywater said:
Thanks for the help guys, but would you guys recommend switching from a Suomy to a Shark. That's the real question
Yes... I've got 3 helmets

Suomy Spec 1R
Arai RX7 Corsair
Shark RSR2

and I've owned Shoei in the past.

The Shark is the nicest overall helmet I have owned.

The Suomy is the lightest, but the shield changing is cumbersome and it's noisey.

The Arai is quieter than the Suomy, but a bit heavier. The shield changing is better than the Suomy, but still tricky.

The Shoei was the heaviest, but the shield mechanism was the best.

How the Shark compares:

It's almost as light as the Suomy.
It's quieter than the Suomy.
The shield changing is very easy. It's much easier than the Suomy or Arai, but nothing is as easy as the Shoei.
I like the no notches in the Shark shield... so it's infinitely adjustable.
The shield is VERY thick... I also have a mirrored shield and it's very dark. Good for Sunny days, but a bit dark for dusk or dawn riding.
The Arai may be slightly softer inside... but not by much if any.

The Shark fits small. It definitely feels smaller when I'm putting it on and taking it off, but once it's on it feels great. No pressure points and once it's on... I don't even notice it.

Overall, it's the best helmet I've owned.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LuvDog said:
Yes... I've got 3 helmets

Suomy Spec 1R
Arai RX7 Corsair
Shark RSR2

and I've owned Shoei in the past.

The Shark is the nicest overall helmet I have owned.

The Suomy is the lightest, but the shield changing is cumbersome and it's noisey.

The Arai is quieter than the Suomy, but a bit heavier. The shield changing is better than the Suomy, but still tricky.

The Shoei was the heaviest, but the shield mechanism was the best.

How the Shark compares:

It's almost as light as the Suomy.
It's quieter than the Suomy.
The shield changing is very easy. It's much easier than the Suomy or Arai, but nothing is as easy as the Shoei.
I like the no notches in the Shark shield... so it's infinitely adjustable.
The shield is VERY thick... I also have a mirrored shield and it's very dark. Good for Sunny days, but a bit dark for dusk or dawn riding.
The Arai may be slightly softer inside... but not by much if any.

The Shark fits small. It definitely feels smaller when I'm putting it on and taking it off, but once it's on it feels great. No pressure points and once it's on... I don't even notice it.

Overall, it's the best helmet I've owned.
Thanks for the great advise buddy!:cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.