Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to go down the street to Ace Hardware for some lawn stuff today and saw a green bike out of the corner of my eye. Turned around and went to look again. ..

sure as shit: an Eddie Lawson bike.

Went up and started talking to the 2 guys that were there and he had 2 more gems. .one of which is a creation of his own. VERY impressive up close. Spent about 40 mins talking with them..both reminiscing of bikes they had when they were "young and dumb"..most of which I couldn't even name.

The owner of the Lawson bike said he bought it brand new back in 1983. All original/mostly original still today which is impressive to say the least. It looked a tad dirty. .but still turns heads. Have to say I was definitely awestruck.

The purple Kaw 750 is a Triple. (.which I had no idea ever existed back then) as is the black 750cr

Anywho. .here's some pics I thought you guys might enjoy.

Attachments

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
That KZ looks pretty good still. I remember that time.

I had an '82 Fast Freddie Spencer CB750F, almost exactly like the one below (Ex burned all the pictures I had I'm pretty sure), only difference was I was a 4 into 1 with the can on the right. I had a 1/4 fairing that was the perfect paint match to it as well. I don't have any pictures of the 1/4 fairing, but it was really really close to this GPZ one.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dad still has his 77 kz650..blue. Also has 05 kaw zx1200r Eddie Lawson edition. Love them both

1 - 4 of 4 Posts