Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending about £150 quid over the years on cleaning bikes, I have found the best bike shampoo, go to Halfords and buy Holts bike shampoo [email protected] £2.99 it's a bargain, lasts about 8 washes including 2 car washes. It gets everything off including chain lube etc and has a wax in it that makes it shine like Mer can. (Not Mirkin!!)

I don't work for Halfords but I have found it's the better than Putoline Bike spray, Autoglym Motorcycle wash, Muck off, turtlewax shampoo, Wonderwheels shampoo, car washes etc.

Try it

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Must clean my bike on of these days, its so bloody hard though as a daily commuter with rain and spray of trucks, i just couldnt be arse cleaning it on sat and then having it totally as dirty as it was by the time i finish my 5 mile cummute to work on monday,
chain n sprockets clean and lubed will do till, lets say spring

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might as well clean it all thru the year as it looks nicer shiny than dull and furry!
I have also been using that Scottoiler FS45 or whatever it is called after I degreased the engine etc and on a 1989 bike it was a little blue as the paint faded, but this stuff, although it will eventually evaporate, it does shine it up really well.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
LOL, I was all set for moving this to the Girls Forum.

Personally, I DO take 2 bottles into the shower.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
bling bling.................here I am, yes Dave you are correct.....................

shampoo!!!! well the hair doesn't take much washing these days ! so the bike does have to be cleaned as a substitute...........

I generally degrease the wheels (and motor if I need to) with a basic soluable degreasant and wash it away then I use just any old shampoo stuff and then the real work begins to dry it all and then polish the paint, sometimes with wax but often with good old Mr Sheene as it's just as good if not better.

Then the big job os solvol autosol, or if you get through so much it hurts just pop down to Wilkinson's and get a 99p bottle of metal polish it certainly does the trick..........................oh yes, and while your polishing the alloy maybe you can find something to remove that horrible dirty paint stuff from so you can polish even more..........

I enjoyed that, I sort of feel purged now.......

Andy

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Damm - and I was about to chime in and recommend Loreal for Kids with a burst of Watermelon. been using it for ages. Definately the best "flavour" to - the strawberry scented one is a bit overbearing.

My bike rarely gets dirty enough to warrant a bike wash with cleaning shampoo as it never sees rain if I can at all help it , - Wd40 and furniture polish keep it looking shiny.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i used to clean my GPZ with Mr Sheen and it used to come up amazing, especially for a 18 year old bike, but a mate said that it is bad for painted surfaces,
Have you polishers noticed any cracked paint or anything like that,
I use Honda bike polish when im sprucking her, thats after the shompoo and blow dry
(blow-dry=120mph for 2 mins) I live very close to a motorway onramp

think i might have a me an my bike weekend,
clean, oil n filter, as a goodbye to winter and a hallo to summer as its fuckin gorgous out today,
Allready aranged a lunch time ride out with the boys, roll on lunch time

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
GIXXERUK said:
dull and furry.sounds like a lot of girls i know
Now I'm laughing

(thanks for the pic Dave)

Andy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts