Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the deal, when I break rather hard from lets say 30mph when I'm almost stopped the front end shakes, sometimes its bad and sometimes it hardly does it. I took it to the dealership and they said nothing was wrong but it still does it. Anyone know what it is? Any help would be great.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
warped rotors?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya for sure, i tryed with no rear break and it still did it, and the thing that sux is that its a 05 with only 3500Km on it

·
Registered
505 Posts
My girls bike does this a bit too when I take it out (she never rides over like 7K RPM so I take it out and run it hard every once in a while). The thing is, she hardly ever uses her front brake (trust me I know, I tell her over and over...) So I thought this could be the reason why the front brakes do this. I heard somewhere in an article 'er somethin' that Suzuki shaved too much metal from the rotors causing them to warp, and that they were aware of the defect. I haven't a clue what to tell ya on how to get it fixed, though, maybe the dealer should replace the rotors?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool, i'll let the dealer know that. thats what i was thinking but its just so damn sew that i didnt thik it was posible

·
Registered
538 Posts
have you tried re-tightening every bolt? you should do this at least ONCE after breaking in your bike.. cause the shit DOES GET LOOSE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts