Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Watch Whore
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed most of the, 'hardcore' for lack of a better term, lifters in here refering to eating whole foods. I understand that concept, no real questions there. What Im wondering is...

Im downing 2 MRP's a day. One before lunch, one in the afternoon. What are you guys eating to get your protein in during the day. I mean the shakes are good and all, but theyre starting to get really fuggin old. Any suggestions?

I realize turkey, chicken, those types of things are clean and have protein in them but not the same amount as the shakes. Flame away if Ive asked an obvious question...but to even replace one of those shakes would be great.

·
Premium Member
11,126 Posts
TUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
1 6-8oz chicken breast has 40-50 g protein thats about the most you want to eat in one sitting going over is not too big of a deal, but some will just get passed through. 1 regular can of tuna has 25-30g of protein.

·
Premium Member
11,126 Posts
1 6-8oz chicken breast has 40-50 g protein thats about the most you want to eat in one sitting going over is not too big of a deal, but some will just get passed through. 1 regular can of tuna has 25-30g of protein.
but tuna is so easy though..Just pop the top and go...You have to cook chicken.....

·
Watch Whore
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never really thought about tuna..maybe because I cant stand it. I knew the chicken breast had gobs of protein in it. But like NABI said you have to prepare it. Which is no big deal. I just need to start planning further ahead.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I never really thought about tuna..maybe because I cant stand it. I knew the chicken breast had gobs of protein in it. But like NABI said you have to prepare it. Which is no big deal. I just need to start planning further ahead.
You can get chicken in a can...

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
You can get chicken in a can...
Good point...never though about that.

Shrimp are almost 100% protein
really?...I knew that had alot but not that much of a percentage.
oz for oz it has about the same amount of protein as chicken, but less cholesterol. and chicken is cheaper

·
Registered
949 Posts
Try a different manufactor of protein, I am pretty inpressed with optium nutrition which I get 5lb tubs from vitamin shoppe for about $30 a tub. Try the green mint which taste like a melted down thin mints or the choc. which is also great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts