Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put this on tonight, after replacing my rotors for Brembo ones I thought that the old bolt looked a bit worn and it did not match the rotors so got this on flee-bay and I must say it’s sexy I never though a bolt could be
6B7638C6-F573-462E-A524-E8B08F466956.jpeg

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just put this on tonight, after replacing my rotors for Brembo ones I thought that the old bolt looked a bit worn and it did not match the rotors so got this on flee-bay and I must say it’s sexy I never though a bolt could be View attachment 570101
There are lots of sexy bolts out there I like the yoshimura magnasonian ones i had the top clamp nut on my old k5

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bolt does look nice!

Can I ask, why do people swap out bolts for titanium? Are they more rust resistant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Titanium is approximately three to four times stronger than stainless steel, which means its lifespan over generations is slightly longer. However, titanium can scratch, so its care entails routine polishing, or it risks becoming dull and marred.
I replace bolts that regularly are removed hence wheel & the pinch bolts so there’s less chance of the heads rounding

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
There are many different ways to measure the strength of a bolt. Also many different types of stainless and aluminum. There are tons of knock off aluminum products on ebay and amazon that sell for a small fraction of the price of the real product, they probably are made right in the same factory just on 3rd shift with different materials and paint. Most of these items look pretty sweet but fail. Hopefully your wheel doesn't fall off. I bet you’re probably okay but just keep an eye on it.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,844 Posts
I have at least 150 titanium fasteners on my K6. Most were bought from Chinese sellers on ebay or AliExpress. One of them, Wanyifa , now sells on Amazon. The only problem that I had was with a lock nut made by Italian manufacturer Lightech. Baoji, China, sometimes referred to as Titanium Valley, is a major supplier of all sorts of titanium parts from a hundred or more manufacturers. I'm unaware of the details but get the impression that there are large government subsidies intended to establish a global advanced technology zone. There's a fair chance that companies like Pro-Bolt are getting their bolts there. Several years ago T.R.E mentioned that if you're willing to buy 50-100, you can get exactly what size & style you want at a fabulous price. I'm still looking for a M6x95 and M6x110 at a reasonable price.

P.S. The Chinese zone may be their attempt to compete with a similar zone in the Ural mountains in Russia. There are major forces at work here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts