Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm trying to set the fuel level (floats) on my 87 1100 and can't get consistent (repeatable) measurements. If I check each carb (one at a time) then recheck any one of them, the measurement can vary up to 2mm from the original measurement. 2mm is the total tolerance (0-2mm below bowl flange). The subsequent reading is taken without changing anything except moving the hose from one carb to another. I have checked them with the bike cold, warm, running or not with the same variation. The needle & seats have normal wear but look good. The bike has always run good; I'm just trying to tweak it to perfection since I ride it daily (and wouldn't have it any other way!!)
The bike has 44K mi; the motor is original/stock except for: K&N ovals, V&H SS2R pipe & ignition advancer, and has been jetted. I bought the bike with 18K and it had already been jetted so I don't know if it was a kit or DYI (the needles have no marking).
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
526 Posts
you have to replace the float needles...as they rotate in their seats...the "wear" area changes between the seat and needle..thats why the level changes....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid someone was going to say that ... any suggestion where a set of 4 could be had for a reasonable price??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts