Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I was just curious about what types of Security that's out there to keep my bike more safe!

All I have is the standed steering lock.....

I'm sure that's not tough for someone to crack if they wanted to steal my bike!

So any ideas, and a rough Price?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
i have a big cable lock and a disk lock (which always sits in trunk of the bike) i use the cable lock only sometimes, but the best method is the location where u park it, i always park it in an area where there might be other bikes, cameras etc

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
kryptonite is crap. Trust me, I worked for the company that imports them (Cassons, they also own MCA). They can be undone with the outer casing of a BIC pen.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
You can buy heat treated, high tensile chain quite cheap. This linked into a solid (or even the chain, just into concrete) - is a good start. For curioity I tried to cut a link off this chain, with a dremel, 3 inch and 9 inch angle grinder with cuttoff wheels and diamond tipped wheels. The diamond tipped wheel would cut it - but it still took 1/2 hour +....good hardware or metal casting co's sell it quite cheap.
The lock is usually the weakest link in a set up like this.
The other thing is the locked garage + 1 60 kilo Akita, 1 40 kilo ridgeback.....never, ever had any issues...EVER !!!
PS - Akita's DO NOT BARK until they've got you !!!
Cheers Si.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
My mate parked his bike in a "secure" parking lot where he assumed it would be safe....ie until a bunch of lebo's (yes I do know this, as it was caught on camera and they were wearning adidas..this was a few yrs back) drove a van in picked it up and drove off with it.

Point is....buy the baddest chain with the strongest lock and chain that fucker through the brace of your swingarm (if you have one) or subframe to something immovable. Then hope for the best. Try to park in illuminated and busy areas.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah thanks guys!

I'm going to have to look into it very soon, dont feel safe leaving her in the street....

I mean I'm sure some people would not bother with my bike but then again it dosn't hurt to be safe!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
On the note of the kryptonite locks being undone with a bic pen
it can happen to the old version of their locks, which they are offering a swap for one of the newer versions

so anyone with the old version kryptonite locks with the round key contact them and they will swap it over

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Just put some thought into where you park it, and be mindful of security. I haven't used my disc lock since the time I forgot to take it off...
"Constant vigilance!" as Mad Eye Mooney would say...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Park your bike in your bedroom and handcuff yourself to it. At least that way if it gets stolen, you'll get stolen with it.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Park your bike in your bedroom and handcuff yourself to it. At least that way if it gets stolen, you'll get stolen with it.
i couldnt help but laugh at your response

·
Registered
900 Posts
Latest email from the 06-05-2005 is that they have started to organise the suitable drop-off and swap locations and should be up and running in the near future.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts