Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about a bike security device that hopefully someone can answer.

Helped a company out with snow plowing from this storm and he was giving me a ride back home in the company truck. I had helped him bring a few trucks back to his shop. He had a device on 1 of the trucks that sent him a text alert when he parked the truck telling him where it was and he said you can also look it online. He told me what the device was but I already forget what its called. He said it was about $150 bucks.

Anyone know who sells these type of devices that will send text alerts?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
The teleguard might be what you are talking about made by some guy named Yaniv I think it was and he sells them on ebay.

·
Banned
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SPL. Seems a little eh to me though. Not sure though. More of a home rig than a professional product.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Google gps vehicle trackin or gps security and stuff like that. Several products exist that can do that sort of thing. Some even let you track it live on the web to track your kids, stalk spouses, or let the cops track it if it's stolen.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I am pretty sure there is an alarm system that will text you if it is moved for bikes. Not just a thing like spl showed, but it has the tip sensors, shock sensors all that, and will text you if it is fucked with. Cant recall the name though. If you search for motorcycle alarm systems I am sure it will turn up though.

·
Banned
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am pretty sure there is an alarm system that will text you if it is moved for bikes. Not just a thing like spl showed, but it has the tip sensors, shock sensors all that, and will text you if it is fucked with. Cant recall the name though. If you search for motorcycle alarm systems I am sure it will turn up though.
Thanks Joe. Yeah I saw something like that also but I think it around $400 bucks if i recall. Im looking for something simple and small that I can mount basically anywhere on bike for GPS reasons. Not specifically looking for an alarm and all that.

Buddy said he got his for about $150. Its only a GPS that texts you everytime something changes location.

Tried searching googling but only ones I found were for like $300 and was the gps for cars for the parents to track teens.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
if you are worried enough to want to monitor it....... you should be worried enough to spend the money on a good alarm IMO.

I dont have an alarm on mine, but I dont feel my bike is in any huge risk either.

·
Banned
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you are worried enough to want to monitor it....... you should be worried enough to spend the money on a good alarm IMO.

I dont have an alarm on mine, but I dont feel my bike is in any huge risk either.
Yeah But IMO an alarm wont do good half the time. Depending on location youll never hear the alarm go off unless you get one of those remote things that tell you when something is going on with bike or a text like I said. Just a alarm with tip over and all that wont be as good. It could scare away the theif or it could make them work faster to get it loaded and take off away faster with it and disarm it in van.Again that can go both ways. Could scare them off or make them work faster. Could get peoples attention and maybe try to stop it or get there information and descriptions.
Half the time car alarms go off because of dumb people hitting button or something stupid. Half the time when i hear a car alarm I realize not many people even bother to look at it.

Than again I know the alarm thing can go many ways. I dont take my bike to movies, or to malls etc. I just ride it, and park at say a WaWa or something where Im in and out.

Atleast with Just a small little gps that makes no noise a thief will better think its a bike with no alarm etc and wont be tracked. I dont need something fancy with all these gadgets to jack the price up. Just give me a GPS so I know where bike is and soon it moves location.

·
Half bare brow brohaha pwned by his clipper
9,012 Posts

·
Banned
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
456 Posts
Lojack also offers something where if you take your key so many feet away from the bike, and then the bike is moved they will call you and be like 'wtf mate whose moving your bike?".

·
Registered
666 Posts
It seems like any device that notifies you remotely would need to have a monthly service fee for connectivity, like a cell phone.

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
It seems like any device that notifies you remotely would need to have a monthly service fee for connectivity, like a cell phone.
That's the reason I haven't bought something like LoJack, et al. Also, they have a tendency to be unreliable inside parking garages, under freeway overpasses, inside vans, etc.

If you were to get something that works via cell phone system, you'd have to pay for cell service somewhere and there you go again with the monthly fee.

Still, I think the technology is improving dramatically and will eventually get to the point where it's worth having. To me, at least.

Frankly, if my bike isn't in my garage with the alarm on and the house alarm on, it's within eyesight.

--Wag--

G

·
Its a datatool snitcher you want-search for it. Send you a txt when your bike moves. Multiple options. Highly rccomended.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts