Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone here has sampled the two different types of seats used on the Watercooled 750's? The 93 seat is cut lower than the 94-95 seat...... I was tempted to try a 94-95 seat to see if it were any more comfortable or changed the riding position in any way......

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I've seen a number of Corbins on the pumper 750's. I can only compare to my 1100's Corbin. Mine is a bit different, since its built on the suzuki seat pan, something that Corbin stopped doing about a year after I had mine done. It really works well, and actually provides better comfort than my old K100RS with a full corbin seat.

That said, I've read a shitload of complaints about Corbin over the past few years, so if they are not too palatable as a dealer any more, try some of the competitiors, wholse names I am seeming to forget right now (grrrrr!!)...someone help t:)

OEM foam on the gixxers of that era was still really soft and fairly uselss...damn.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Well, I can only tolerate my 95 seat for around 45mins. After that I need to get off and stretch a bit. I don't think there were any aftermarket seats available for our years(93-95 750). I know corbin didn't. They had them for the 1100's I think, and almost all of the oiler 750's.

Steven

1 - 3 of 3 Posts