Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a nack to tightening up the well nuts on my screen. I bought a replacement set from china off WISH to replace my factory perished ones.

1st set i couldn't get them to balloon up when i tightened them it just pulled the nut through the sleeve and didnt balloon out at all. Tried softening the rubber in hot water, tried holding the nut end with pliers as i tightened up the bolt. Nothing seemed to work. I thought it was just cheap chinese ones so i bought another set from a bike shop. They turned up identical to the ones I bought off WISH and i had the exact same problem so now im thinking i must be doing something wrong.

Cheers Tim

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your absolutely right they are from china theyve got chinese writing on the packet. It's more of a motorbike aftermarket parts store. I just thought that i payed $4 for the first set and then $20 for the second set they would be better quality. Seems crazy to even bother selling parts if they dont work at all. Thought I'd end up having to buy genuine ones its just dissapointing that people sell these crap inferior parts for such a huge price.
When you say "bike shop", is that a factory dealership or some shade tree mechanic? If it is the latter, chances are they bought their stock from China as well.

Buy them here: https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/p/suzuki/09159-05019/nut

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
My money is on the fact that, you prob aren't using them correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Going to bikebandit, Mrcycles, or ronayers and buying the oem equivalent is better than buying made in china bullshit for pennies on the dollar. If the ones you bought dont work, bite the bullet and go oem.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea thats what i thought and the last set i bought almost cost as much as oem. I understand they are poor quality chinese copies but with a 100% failure rate for myself it must be something im doing wrong as they wouldnt even be able to sell them if they failed on everybody. The guy at the parts shop is sending me a different set for free so will see what turns up.
My money is on the fact that, you prob aren't using them correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts