Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few people questioning what wires to tap into in order to get the anti hi jack feature to work on their bikes. Seeings how someone busted up my ignition switch and i needed to replace it, i figured now is a good time to figure it out. Youll see in the pics that underneath your tank there is a frame rail that runs parallel with your handlebars (or perpendicular with the frame rails) and along the rails there are 2 harnesses fastened to the frame with plastic clips. These will pop right out with a thin flathead screwdriver. You want to find the harness with the orange wire/white stripe in it. Its the one with the 5 prong connector, NOT the 6 (this is your ignition switch harness) The other one is for the controls on the right handlebar ie. kill switch, brake switch, starter button. Anyhow, locate the orange wire/white stripe, peel back the electrical tape as far back as you can just to make things easier and go ahead and cut the orange wire/white stripe. Leave as much room as you can (i tried to leave a few inches to get the wire strippers in there, plus its much easier to manage. Once you cut it, your anti hi jack switch has 2 black leads on them, mount it where ever you feel comfortable, and where it wont get tossed around(use velcro) and run the leads up there. It doesnt really matter which end connects to which at this point just so long as both black wires get connected to each end of your orange wire/white stripe. I chose to solder mine, and then use heat shrink tubing, and then use electrical tape to give it back the 'factory look.' Hope this helps everyone, the pictures are below and if i do say so myself its pretty kickass feature.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i just bought the scorpio alarm. i havnt installed it yet so i took a look at this thread. do all scorpio alarms have to do this. i bought the extra plug in connector kit. will i have to do this too. and what is the anti hi-jack. just the alarm

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just bought the scorpio alarm. i havnt installed it yet so i took a look at this thread. do all scorpio alarms have to do this. i bought the extra plug in connector kit. will i have to do this too. and what is the anti hi-jack. just the alarm
No, the anti hi jack feature is exactly what it states.. an added feature. If you got the Scorpio, great! personally I think its one of the greatest investments you can make. I too got the plug in harness, its a very simple install and no will not have to worry about this modification unless you purchased the anti hi-jack feature. Its a small black cube that looks like a relay but has 2 black wires with blue tabs on them and a 3wire plug that goes directly into the alarms brain. (Don't confuse this with the perimeter sensor) Although you can ADD the AHJ feature.. wherever you got the alarm im sure has this. I think its like $40 xtra? What it does is if for some reason your kicked off your bike (not literally), or someone tries to ride away on yer bike by pressing the #1 and #3 buttons on your remote, in 20seconds the bike will cut off and the alarm will sound until A) the battery dies or B) you press the unarm button. It also prevents the bike from being started while the alarm is going off, like if someone IS trying to hotwire the bike.. if the alarms going off.. itll never happen.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will edit my previous posts and change the links to my pics if you need any other info let me know and ill do what i can for ya.

Also, I recommend NOT using solder for this application because of the temperatures where the connections are made, I decided against it and went with simple butt connectors and electrical tape.

OK the post is too old i cant edit the pics.. so ill repost.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
If you want to save time you can just splice into the orange and white wire that goes into the back of the fuse box labeled ignition. That way all you have to do is take the seat off. That's what I did and it works just fine.
did you take a picture of it? I'm getting one soon..

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
right behind the battery, there is a little box (i believe it is the CPU) just lift that out, and unplug the 2 factory connnectors. In the bigger plug, you will see the orange and white wire, just tap it there, and dont bother running wires, i didnt take a pic, but i will later tonite

jimmy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.