Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed this?? just wondering what wires need to be sliced into the alarm system. If you got pics it would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
I recently installed my Scorpio SR-i500SE alarm system....there was no need to slice any wires. I got the adapter harness for my '04 600 and it worked like a charm. I advise ya do the same, as it makes things real easy. If not then just follow what the instructions say. It's pretty straight forward and you really cant mess it up. Everything is all color coded so just find the wires that the instructions says and just cut into those.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I installed mine recently too. I've found it easier installing without the harnest, and it's cleaner without all the wires hanging around.
Gixxer600, how did you install your Anti-hijack module?
I'm not sure what wire to splice to install this unit.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I don't have the alarm, but the anit-hijack module is the remote ignition disable unit right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
In regards to the anti hijak module. I connected the wire under the fuse box located under the seat. You just open up the fuse box cover and it is labeled ignition fuse. Turn the box over and find the wire, one will enter and one will leave the fuse (of course). According to aritronixs, suzuki changed the color of the wire midproduction year. The wire I used was the larger orange one (BTW I have an 04 600). You do have to cut this wire. I also recommend purchasing a crimper. I hooked it up and it works like a charm. Any questions, call aritronixs, they are very helpful.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replys. i was very simple and strait forward. the only thing i was alil confused was when tapping into the turn signal wires i wasnt sure which wire it was casue there were two for each light, but it works so i guess i got lucky. thanks again.
Just alil FYI, dont turn on the perimeter sensor when you go to dinner with someone cause i got up about 5 times about to kick some ass but it was someone just walking by. =)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
just wondering if you can arm it with out chirping or making a sound, just a confirmation on your remote......
No, but you can arm it so when a zone is triggered you can have just the key fob alert you while the bike remains silent, like that bike doesn't have an alarm on it- nice for sneaking up on someone that's f*ckin' with your bike.

·
Registered
277 Posts
All together tho i dont like my alarm. There are some better ones cheaper. Ive had it for way over a year and ive ran into problems every now and then, like the alarm draining the battery while i was riding. And it all was installed properly. Also the range of the remote for the most part sucks.. IF your in a building just forget about it making a peep.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yea Mike from Heatwavecycles.com hooked me up with it for $285 shipped! Awesome deal! Drop him a PM and he will take care of ya. In regards to the question about the Anti-hijack module I have yet to install that. But from what i've read from the instruction manual it shouldn't be too hard. I'm probably gonna wire it coming off the ignition wire from the fuse box. Just look at the bottom of your fuse box under the seat and trace the ignition fuse to the wires connecting to it. Then just make a quick cut and crimp the wires from the anti-hijack module to the existing ignition wire you just cut. Seems pretty straightforward.
I have to also agree with Cornelius about the range on the alarm. If you go into a building or something most of the time i get no reception with the alarm. Kinda sucks, but i figure that if the alarm is goin off (which is considerably loud) it might be enough to deter thieves from jackin ur bike. Either way i usually have my bike chained up to something immovable. Honestly thats the best way to ensure they aren't gonna be able to lift your bike into the back of their truck. The alarm is def a nice feature though...you can even hear the alarm sometimes even if it doesn't alert your key fob pager. Should give you enough time to bust some heads open when you get outside!

·
Registered
505 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts