Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SCORE! ~ Earl\'s Oil cooler!

Schweeet!

A buddy has been finishing a streetfighter project, and somebody walked in and offered him a decent chunk of cash for it. His Earl's oil cooler
is missing a fitting, and he hadn't gotten around to ordering it.

So he could sell the bike in a hurry, he swapped my curved oil cooler for his Earl's, straight up. My luck is looking up!

I'll post a pic in the next day or so, just to show it off!

PS - Anyone familiar with the fitting, which adapts the stock GSXR lines to the top of the Earl's cooler? That's what I now need.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Re: SCORE! ~ Earl\'s Oil cooler!

Don't bother with Earl's USA they have no clue. Earl's UK has all the fittings and connections for front coolers, cam oiling kits and rear cooler kits. I have a web site address somewhere...I'll post it as soon as I find it.
Bones
Found it its: www.earls.co.uk they do ship to the US and had the fitting I needed for my old Yosh kit (it was all Earl's stuff anyway)

[ 04-20-2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks Bones, I'll take that advice.

I guess you didn't have that black box laying around after all, huh? ah well, I'll track one day eventually.

PS -- Did you use the Earl's lines, or the stock Gix ones? Those braided ones are beeaootiful!

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts

I have not been able to fine the Boxes anywhere. I know that I had two one for a 88 750 and one for a 91 1100 but I can't find them anywhere! I posted a link on your other post to one on e-bay for like 20 bucks.
Bones

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Bones,
Thanks for the Ebay assist. I've been following a couple there for the last week or so and I'll land one of 'em eventually. On the last two I've bid on, I've been sniped in the closing seconds of the auction, so this time, by God, I'm bidding to win! Snipe this!

BTW, the bike is together, and only lacks the box, AND, my damn K&N's won't fit on the new carbs? Damn if I know why, since they are 36s, just like the ones that K&Ns came off of, I believe!

Oh well, I'll KY Jelly them up today and get them on. Now if I could just get rid of this snow so I could go for a ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts