Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Propa high sided meself today going into a sharp right hander - have to say thought I' got my entry speed right but has I powered ou of the corner things went tits up big stylee - still not sure what i did wrong but guess i put the power down too early too much - gutted. Left hand side of the bike is in a mess as is my left shoulder which has snapped ligaments and a bruised up left leg - rode home in 2nd gear as the left foot peg had sheared off. Propa Propa Gutted.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Damn man, that sucks, hope your shoulder heals up good and quick before ya miss too much of the riding season!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx lads for the concern - got the wife to take me back to the spot this morning cus it's been bothering me what I did wrong - basically the local council have thrown some loose chippings on some shiny black stuff that use to be tarmac - so as I've come out the corner that's where I've lost it. Got some pics of the scene for my insurance company. There were 2 hazard signs half hidden by bushes - 1 on the beginning of the corner and the other 10 yards before the start of the corner. Must admit never saw either of 'em from the line I took approaching the corner - doh!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Owww, that sucks, what's even worse is that there was hazard signs, but they were hidden. Get well soon!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Damn...... glad you are not really hurt bad! Get well soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts