Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I'm on my way back home to LA yeaterday from my school in AZ when 35 miles out from school my rear tire explodes (complete tread spearation) and barely saved it. Unfortunately, the tread when it separated took out my left/rear fairing, tailight, turn signals and license plate!
All the wires are frayed in the back (not too big of a deal I can solder them).
I remember ordering a used steering damper fro this salvage yard for sportbikes somewhere in Orange COunty area. I lost their number and was wondering if anyone could give me info on where I can order a new rear taillight. I'm going to buy a new fairing from the loval dealer but want to save money on the other parts.
ALSO...the left bulb socket for the taillight came off and I couldn't find it..I know the dealer is gonna make me order the entire wiring harness for this little piece of plastic and 3 wires! ANyone know how or where I could just get one of the rear taillight bulb sockets? Maybe from a salvage yard also. THanks. Ride SAfe Guys

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
... could have been worse, glad you're alright.

I live in OC and I'm not sure about the salvage yard you're talking about, would love to find out though.

Post a wanted ad in the classifieds section of this board, and then also check for some parts on ebay... if you are doing an internet transaction, make sure it is with a reputable source.

Next, sign up for this forum, where you might be able to get the number of the salvage yard you are looking for:

http://www.socalsportbikes.com

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I have an antire stock, fender if you need one.

drop me an e-mail

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info guys..the parts were ordered through my local SUz. dealer but I'll keep you guys in mind next time.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey Sergio, I was just wondering, was it becuase you had old tires that needed replacing, or did you have to much air-pressure in your tires? Or was it just one of those freak accidents? If it was one of the former, then
Hehe..but if it was a freak accident, that really sucks, must have been really freaky. Glad to hear that you saved your bike. Good luck with the parts!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts