Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new sat exausts seem to come in 2 flavors.
One with 490mm can and a shorter 375mm.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
+1
and i bet it sounds amazing!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
12 HP increase over stock. That's not too bad at all.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
on the record as hating the look.

suzuki has single handledly changed the exhaust market. These pipes look old.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do find them a bit long but it seems that performance wise the longer one delivers.
The problem with ALL the short cans is NOISE

If available I would like to hear the short Yoshi. But as from what I heard they are so loud that you will be taken of the road overhere

·
Registered
479 Posts
it looks kinda like there was some tire slippage on the short can graph, it loses power (compared to the red graph) at 6K then JUMPS back to life at 7 (cause the tire caught and accelerated the drum quickly) i think that could have hurt the overall preformance #'s for the short can as well. The long and short cans probably make about the same numbers, i can't see a shorter can making 3 less HP!!! just a thought

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
it looks kinda like there was some tire slippage on the short can graph, it loses power
(compared to the red graph) at 6K then JUMPS back to life at 7 (cause the tire caught and
accelerated the drum quickly) i think that could have hurt the overall preformance #'s for the
short can as well. The long and short cans probably make about the same numbers, i can't
see a shorter can making 3 less HP!!! just a thought
A more likely explanation is the change in the exhaust length affects the rpm that the
reversion wave hits the EX valve. Notice the big gain at 3500rpm. What would you attribute
that to, tire not slipping?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Re: Sato full exhaust + Dino

Looks kinda fishy to me..I have never see a pipe pick up the kind of HP on the low end yet. In real life.
I don't ever go off of manufactures dyno graphs. There to easy to manipulate the dyno readings.

·
Registered
44 Posts
only 145 stock thats the worst dyno ive seen for this bike sounds strange to me man even the guys at 1000 rr .net worst dyno is still 157 hp man thats kind of strange to me anyone else think so.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe. But if the dyno would read 170bhp everyone starts saying it's fake. Now the dyno reads less and again no one believes it. It's what the dyno measurerd period.

People shouldn't start comparing results IF not at least measured on the same type of dyno.

If I can find the article from a local mag where they compare about x dynos from different brands the variance in results is HUGE.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts