Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So I'm new to the forum, would like to say hey name is Jay and iv used this forum countless times for repairs. Here is the thing, I'm looking for someone between the areas of SA, and ATX that owns a front stem stand that you can remove a triple clamp with. I have a pair of Woodstock handlebars I need to swap out woth oem but my stand will not let me do this. I'll buy food and bring beer!! Currently staying in New Braunfels but can go tos any surrounding area, if it cimes to it ill pay a repait man to swap them out trying to avoid the 150$ labot, Jay 8307081713

· Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
4,283 Posts
If you have some sturdy beams, or even a sturdy branch, you can always use ratchet straps through the frame to support it.

· Currently using pedals..
3,004 Posts
Welcome... I'm afraid I don't have that style front stand - yet. But please clarify something... Are you trying to say you're going to install woodcraft clip-ons? If so, you don't need a stand at all.

· Premium Member
72,646 Posts
You don't need a stand to remove the top triple, and a stem stand won't allow you to remove the lower triple.

To remove thr lower triple you need to support the bioe a different way.

· Premium Member
72,646 Posts
Why not? You will be fine. I have done it many times on just a rear stand.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Okay so the install went great!! but damn a hassle with me having to make anti rotating pins on my controls because they were stripped, basically took a screw and screwd it into the plastic piece on the controller then took vice grips and cut the head and extras to make it just short/ long enough. Then my front brake master cylinder not wanting to fit, then the brake fluid resorvior!! crazy but I got everything in its place. Here is the image. Safety wire forgot that need to do that.

https://postimg.org/image/bfbtuwv3j/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.