Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
thier intent wasn't to kill him.. if so, they would have sniped him. They approached the house to subdue the man, their opening fire was a response to his pointed the rifle at them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think its possible that there may have been people or unknowns in the house behind the guy. too much of a risk possibly?

Nonetheless, once you decide to threaten the law with lethal action (toting a shotgun and waving it around while SWAT is addressing you) all bets are off. At that point he's a threat to the public (rural or not) and the officers confronting him and needs to be eliminated at best means possible.

Mental note: when engaging in standoff with officers, attempt to wear shoes, shirt and possibly more so that when i'm all over the web, ppl don't have to see my ugly half-naked ass.

-T

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess you're right, but why werent they radioed and told that he was approaching their corner?

Can't you place a round somewhere in the shoulder (a sniper could have done that, right?)

I mean, by no means am I some bleeding heart thinking everyone should survive.. if you ask for it, you deserve it. I just think that it's somewhat sad seeing someone who isnt mentally all there getting blasted you know?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I guess you're right, but why werent they radioed and told that he was approaching their corner?

Can't you place a round somewhere in the shoulder (a sniper could have done that, right?)

I mean, by no means am I some bleeding heart thinking everyone should survive.. if you ask for it, you deserve it. I just think that it's somewhat sad seeing someone who isnt mentally all there getting blasted you know?
sorry man, no remorse here for that guy. They were doing their job. He asked for it. Better to take him out right away than pay for a trial and jail time.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Dumbass got what he deserved!

rob

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Got ripped up....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
It sucks that they couldn't just subdue him.......But that was awesome!

·
Registered
654 Posts
It's never good to see a mentally disabled person get machine-gunned. On the other hand, it's a story that I'd much rather see than one with the headline "Mentally deranged man blasts two SWAT team members at close range, killing one and critically wounding another"
...and from the looks of that video, that headline was less than a half second away.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

police are trained to shoot to stop the threat. A lot of people say , "why didn't they just shoot him in the shoulder". The problem is that doesn't always (hardly ever is more like it) stop the threat. People that are on drugs or are mental don't feel very much pain. How would you like to explain to your friend/partner's wife that he is dead because you only shot the suspect in the shoulder? You shoot to stop the threat. For a long time that has meant center mass. With the increasing popularity of criminals wearing armor, a lot of police are now trained to do 2 to the chest and 1 to the head. In a shoot situation you have no obligation to make sure the suspect doesn't die. If he asks for it and gets it, that is on him.

Does it make it harder if the person is simply mental? I would think maybe, but...let me tell you this. One of my best friends had to shoot a mental guy just about a month ago. The guy charged at another officer with a hatchet in one hand and a knife in the other. Unfortunately the way the events transpired, my friend got cornered in a garage. The guy comes at him not following commands to drop the weapons and get down he was shot several times. Sorry for him but my friend went home to his wife and daughter. in the end, for us, that is by far the most important thing.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

You cant shoot to wound. You shoot to stop the threat. Center mass.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts

You cant shoot to wound. You shoot to stop the threat. Center mass.
He has a loaded 12 gauge shot gun...and you want to try to go out of your way and put you and your men in danage by aiming for his shoulder? Fuck him, he deserves another round through the temple...there is no warning shots or aiming for shoulders, there's shoot to kill...and that's all in this situation.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mp-5's shoot like 30 rounds a second while on full auto if I'm not mistaken. Plus you hear them shoot drop the gun just before the sound of the shots.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts