Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw this up as I'm waiting to leave Maui and I'm bored. I finished this bike up in July after a couple years of fighting with it, lots of time and money but I think it turned out pretty decent. This thing is an absolute blast to ride and will probably give my slabside a run for it's money, not stock anymore, lots of mods, will definitely out handle the 750.

Attachments

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
Niceeeeee. Love 2 Smokers .:cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dat powerband

Always fancied one of these - had a 400E so that kinda felt like the step up.

Looking sexual, nicely done sir

·
Registered
12 Posts
My fist bike when I was 18 was an RZ500. I loved that bike, it was perfect to learn on! A real pussy cat up until about 5K, then the powerband kicked in and all hell broke loose.

I purchased it used for $1800 in 1989 and parted it out in 2005 for about 10K US. Best purchase I ever made!

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
Love it! Back in the early 90's I used to run with a couple of guys on RZ500's. Great bikes. I've always had a thing for 2-strokes too. Will get another once I'm finished the Gixxer projects.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What mods did you do to the motor? I see you have after market expansion chambers so you must have some porting and carb work done. I like it a lot, very tastefully done.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No mods to the motor, no porting anyway. Running Uni filters with custom needles and larger mains, goes very well for an RZ500. The pipes are genuine Toomeys, only 50 sets ever made back in 85, I only have ever heard of 4 other sets left. I tried to keep it looking reasonably stock but upgraded.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just thought I'd throw this up as I'm waiting to leave Maui and I'm bored. I finished this bike up in July after a couple years of fighting with it, lots of time and money but I think it turned out pretty decent. This thing is an absolute blast to ride and will probably give my slabside a run for it's money, not stock anymore, lots of mods, will definitely out handle the 750.
It's beautiful, nice job.

·
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people
871 Posts
That's a beautiful machine...might of taken a lot of time and money. I'm sure it's all worth it when you walk into your garage and see and even better when you fire it up. Love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning.

Do these bikes have am electric start? I imagine so, otherwise people would end up with broken legs

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
That's a beautiful machine...might of taken a lot of time and money. I'm sure it's all worth it when you walk into your garage and see and even better when you fire it up. Love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning.

Do these bikes have am electric start? I imagine so, otherwise people would end up with broken legs

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Kick start only. It's not as bad as you'd think :thumbup

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
It's 4 stroke thumpers that are notoriously mean and sadistic.

I have a bonafide phobia of kick starting (big) 4 stroke dirtbikes, all thanks to a particularly nasty old TT500 back in the 80s that decided to make me its bitch :cursing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts