Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2000 gsxr 600 with a 2001 gsxr 750 motor and I have been fixing the butcher of a job the guy I bought it off of did when doing the swap. So whats going on is this. I'm showing FI codes, C22, C28, and C29. The forums on here say the C22 will put the bike in limp mode and really limit power but these codes have been on for awhile, along with others but I have fixed the others. Only now does it feel weak. When in low RPM's (up to 6000 about 1/4 throttle) there is no real issue but after that if the throttle goes past 1/2 the bike bogs ugly and throws blue flames. I feel like I'm over analyzing the situation so can anyone bounce some ideas off me and maybe help me solve this.

Remember the bike was running fine even after fixing other codes, ran good for about a month in the condition its in and then 2 weeks ago the bike started this.

I know the C22 is the MAP sensor and the 28 and 29 are STVA codes and the STVA is not connected because it doesn't work along with the map sensor not connected because it didn't have one.

Please Help

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Non working stv will put the bike in limp mode for sure. Itll need to be working for that light to ever go off. If your looking for a better ride now try removing or wiring open the stv butterflys so its not a restriction at higher rpms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Non working stv will put the bike in limp mode for sure. Itll need to be working for that light to ever go off. If your looking for a better ride now try removing or wiring open the stv butterflys so its not a restriction at higher rpms.
The STV is removed and the butterflys are out to avoid restriction until I can solve the issue with that and the bike suddenly going into limp mode despite no changes have been made

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
check your plugs and see what they look like. A limp mode can be caused by 2 codes poping up if they are severe enough. Im not sure how youve been running normally without the stv and map sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I still don't have the rear MAP sensor, if anyone knows where I can get one or anything like where it mounts or anything then that's very much appreciated. I've done some more troubleshooting and I've concluded that my ECU is not providing voltage at all to the STVA's so I bought another ECU and its the same situation. Can anyone help me with this because I'm out of ideas, is it possible I have two ECU's with the exact same issue?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
the 01 750 is a tricky bike to deal with because its not a set build bike. Many changes were made to it mid production and it can be hard to track down the right parts. You may have gotten an 00 or 02 ecu that operates differently from the 01.
if i remember right on the 01 the ecu only powers the stv for the initial turn on self check to check for codes. Then the bike doesnt care what happens to it. Is the ecu putting out power at its terminals and the wiring isnt getting to power to it? Are you sure you have the right ecu's? The same problem on the ecu's is not very likely especially since them going bad if pretty rare.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a 2001 GSXR600 with a 2000 GSXR750 engine. I did a full rebuild on it as well, the previous owner(s) did some terrible work and it all needed to be re-done.
I have had some small hiccups a long the way too. You really need to get both manuals for your bike & one for your engine.
It depends what wiring harness you have, this could be the reason why you have some strange fault codes. My bike still has the 600 wiring harness and they have just plugged in a 750 ecu. Check the part number on your ecu. If it has 39Fxx in it its 600, if its 35Fxx its 750. Im guessing that a 600 ecu running a 750 engine wouldn't run too well.
I was surprised when I got my bike running I got C00 - no fault codes.
I dont have the secondary throttle motor connected and I've remove the butterflies. I have noticed that 600's have a seperate ecu on the left side under the ducktail to drive the secondary butterflies. The bike runs fine with or without the secondary ecu plugged in.
Ive worked out the 600 ecu communicates to the secondary ecu thru the sds pin 31. I have noticed the 600 wiring harness doesnt have any wires going to pins 38,39,40 (STVA on 750). I wonder is this the reason I'm not getting C28 - because nothing is plugged into it??

If you haven't done it already, remove the fuel pump assy for the tank and dissassemble it and clean the fuel filter. I did mine while I was getting the tank repainted and it was clogged.

My advice would be to focus on eliminating all error codes.
If you need another AP sensor just get one off ebay.
It could be worth getting your secondary butterflies working. connect 12V to the pink + gray wires and see if it turns.
If you want manuals for PM me, i can email them to you - no problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the manuals and the bike was doing fine as it was until I ran out of gas, tested the pump and it wasn't holding pressure so I replaced it and now the pump is operating properly but the bike still is having the same issues. Being that the bike was running correctly before I assume the computer is the correct one and when i tested the STVA power, I tested at the plug for the motor and at the computer when the key is first turned on and it doesn't send any signal to cycle the STVA as it should.:banghead The motor ecu and wire harness are all from a 2001 750, fuel tank and pump are from a 2002 but as far as specs are concerned, they are the same. I'm already looking to a STVA simulator the a guy on here sells to eliminate the C28 and 29 and I plan to order the MAP sensor for the rear and also plan to clean the injectors. Hoping for the best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I was looking around a little more and on running issues and came across a few posts about clogged injector filters being the issue. Took apart the fuel rail and injectors and cleaned everything. The injector filters were clogged almost completely(shown below, left two cleaned and right two dirty). put everything back together and its beautiful. All my power is back and all the responsiveness is as well.

If anyone else is interested on how the filters look or how to remove them then just throw me a message and I'll show you what I did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I was looking around a little more and on running issues and came across a few posts about clogged injector filters being the issue. Took apart the fuel rail and injectors and cleaned everything. The injector filters were clogged almost completely(shown below, left two cleaned and right two dirty). put everything back together and its beautiful. All my power is back and all the responsiveness is as well.

If anyone else is interested on how the filters look or how to remove them then just throw me a message and I'll show you what I did.
I have an 01 GSXR1000.. Its doung thd same. Can you send me the info or video. Thankyou

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
10 years old thread. Search forum for your specific problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts