Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the increase of Site Sponsors that have joined the community within the last few weeks it has become apparent that there needs to be a rule change or one of the rules needs to be specified.

Moving forward, There will be NO posting of company links or Contact numbers within Posts except for your dedicated company forum. This is what your signature is for and this will help to prevent great technical discussions from turning into blatant Banners for ones company. Also this will elevate the appearance that Sponsors and Vendors are fighting for sales as It looks bad for the site, and also looks bad for the companies bickering back and forth.

I think this will be a good thing as many of the members are looking for good technical explanations on products and generally the members tend to buy from the Sponsor that can help them out the most or who they feel comfortable with.

So to reiterate, the only area in which a companies contact info will be acceptable will be your own company forum as well as the group buy Section when posting New Group Buys.

Any questions on this matter can be sent to me Via Pm or asked in this thread.

Stew

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
ALL SITE RULES APPLY with these exceptions

Sponsor can advertise in sig area their company name and URL, using the same general guidlines outlined in the forum rules

Sponsors can post for sale ads in their section, and the group buy sections.

Sponsors can reply to a DIRECT request for cost info etc in the general forums.

Sponsors must use some tact when another sponsor appears to be "working" a post.

Moderation is at the staffs discretion

All other general rules apply. Sig size and content follows same rules other than as stated above. No spamming. No advertising outside the outlined areas above.

At that, it really isnt a rule change, just a clarification of the way it has always been

There will be gray area, and it will be our discression like anything else. If a member asks a general question, and you respond to that question just like any other member would, and they then ask well do YOU sell it, and how much, then you can respond to that.

also have some tact, if that DOES happen, and a sponsor responds, jumping on top of them and trying to undercut them is NOT going to be tolerated.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Done, and again..... I will clarify even more :banghead

ALL SITE RULES APPLY with these exceptions

Sponsor can advertise in sig area their company name and URL, using the same general guidlines outlined in the forum rules

Sponsors can post for sale ads in their section, and the group buy sections.

Sponsors can reply to a DIRECT request for cost info etc in the general forums.

Sponsors must use some tact when another sponsor appears to be "working" a post.

Moderation is at the staffs discretion

All other general rules apply. Sig size and content follows same rules other than as stated above. No spamming. No advertising outside the outlined areas above.

Basically IMO, they are paying for the privelege to have the advertising signature, and a sub forum to advertise in. Nothing more. Just because I pay for a billboard on main street, does not mean I can spraypaint my company logo on all the business on main street as well.

If they want to get their sig area noticed, they need to participate like a NORMAL MEMBER WOULD

Someone correct me if I am wrong, or if I missed anything :dunno

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
FWIW, I edited my first post to include Admins sentiments, and mine, in one localized list :cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts