Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if they get paid seven-digit figures? RUGBY

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
This is a great video

In an angrier time in my life, I hunted down a rugby team to play with. I met one of the guys at a local bar and spent a few hours dringking and nocking some back. I just kept staring at his crooked nose, scar'd cheek and forhead and just didn't want to see my face like that. Those guys are NUTS!!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
that sh1t is crazy!!! I give them credit putting their asses out there like that.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
I wonder if they get paid seven-digit figures? RUGBY
Far from it mate! What they get paid as compared to what your pro ballers is so insignificant that even if I did have some ball park figures I'd be to embaressed to disclose them.

ok so I was able to dig up some figures for you...and one of this season's top prospects and game hopefuls has just recently been signed with a club for a further 2 yrs and is getting paid $800,000 AUD .....I'm sure you'r pro footballers are getting paid that just to turn up to training!

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's awesome! Reminds me of my days in boarding school in England. Try playing an army school in rugby. Their scrumhalf (smallest guy on the team) was as big as our biggest fowards! They were a lot angrier than us too
Trust me, that shit hurts. I used to have big scratches all the way down my back after every game from the other teams cleats clawing at my back when I was on the ground!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I actually used to play rugby and it is basically an organized game of "smear-the-queer"... but unless the rules are different at a professional level (which i don't think they are) a lot of the "tackels" were illegial because you are supposed to wrap up and not hit like in foolball... anyways, its a rush nonetheless!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
yep rugby is an awesome sport i played it for many years at a very high level.....
i played wing for most of my career and the last few seasons i switched to wing forward....
i still practice with a local club but my playing days are over....

·
Registered
352 Posts
yep rugby is an awesome sport i played it for many years at a very high level.....
i played wing for most of my career and the last few seasons i switched to wing forward....
i still practice with a local club but my playing days are over....
Eagle?

I played collegiate for the past 5 years, and 5 yrs in the pack will wear on you. I've thought about playing mens club but I don't have the time and I'm still recovering from a separated shoulder, however this weekend is the alumni match and I'm looking forward to delivering a solid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts