Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
OP, just take it to your dealer. I had to do the same thing with my L5 that was having some very strange transmission issues. If you butter them up, I bet they'll even have it towed for you free of charge (could always say you don't feel that it is safe to ride). Then again, the dealership I bought from has excellent customer service. Hopefully they do too.

Seems like the consensus is there is a fuel delivery problem. If you cannot provide any more specifics, I'm afraid you can't be helped through an online forum. Unfortunately, I would know :sad

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The dealership is two hours away and I'm just trying to see if I can figure the problem out before going all that way. Yes I checked the voltage off and on at idle and at 3k, it was fine. I did check the top of the fuel line right under the gas tank.
If it's a new bike can't you just take it to any Suzuki approved dealer to be fixed under warranty (at least here in the UK you can)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check to see if the primary catalytic converter has broken off. Happened to me, the first thing i noticed was the exhaust wasn't as loud and the pressure of the exhaust coming out from the end can was pretty weak. Turns out the primary cat broke off and got stuck onto the secondary, causing a choke in the exhaust.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts