Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wouldn't mind ABS but otherwise I'm glad it has no other aids. It's lighter than the 1k which is why I went for it. Seems like the perfect bike in my mind and plenty more power than I'll be able to use :)
I feel the same. I believe the rider aids on modern sportbikes don't provide much incentive for people to hone their skills. Traction control and anti-wheelie has reduced the need for proper throttle control and ABS makes people think it'll save them no matter what. Of course, electronic rider aids have their place and they would be more useful once a rider is more competent so as not to rely on them.

·
Registered
L1 750
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
I feel the same. I believe the rider aids on modern sportbikes don't provide much incentive for people to hone their skills. Traction control and anti-wheelie has reduced the need for proper throttle control and ABS makes people think it'll save them no matter what. Of course, electronic rider aids have their place and they would be more useful once a rider is more competent so as not to rely on them.
Agreed (y)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gosh, I bet you could have a lively discussion with the MotoGP riders about this! :)

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
L1 750
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
Gosh, I bet you could have a lively discussion with the MotoGP riders about this! :)

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
They're crazy powerful though. Would they even be rideable without the aids? Remember when marquez hit pedrosas bike & severed the rear wheel sensor and Danny's bike spat him off because it gave him full power?

·
Registered
L1 750
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Fitted up the rear lenses
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Product Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Not to everyones taste I know but I don't like orange bulbs in clear lenses and I could've gone silver bulbs or smoked lenses but I went amber instead. why not.

Also finished fitting engine covers
Pattern Automotive design Darkness Auto part Font

Oh shit, I'm running out of things to fuck around with on this. Might have to actually ride it and tune it soon...

221 - 228 of 228 Posts