Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
201 - 220 of 228 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,157 Posts
those look sticky, nice n slick on the strips too... I haven't been on michelins for at least 15 years, I always liked em just liked the dragon DOTS a lil more.. might try those are theya tri or dual compound?

·
Registered
L1 750
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
those look sticky, nice n slick on the strips too... I haven't been on michelins for at least 15 years, I always liked em just liked the dragon DOTS a lil more.. might try those are theya tri or dual compound?
Dual compound. They call it 2 Compound Technology Plus.
They're supposed to have the best wet grip in town and they're really popular. I've got one on the back of the RR and it feels really good (y)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dual compound. They call it 2 Compound Technology Plus.
They're supposed to have the best wet grip in town and they're really popular. I've got one on the back of the RR and it feels really good (y)
Are the Pilot Roads good for the occasional track day? I'm currently running Pilot Powers on my L2 750. I'm on the look out for some new tyres in the next couple of months as they are wearing down and I'm thinking of either the Diablo Rosso II's or Battlax S21. How will the Pilot Road compare to these tyres?

·
Registered
L1 750
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Are the Pilot Roads good for the occasional track day? I'm currently running Pilot Powers on my L2 750. I'm on the look out for some new tyres in the next couple of months as they are wearing down and I'm thinking of either the Diablo Rosso II's or Battlax S21. How will the Pilot Road compare to these tyres?
No personal experience but I read that they're fine for track days. I got them for the wet grip.
If it's mostly dry where you are I think I'd consider the Michelin Power Cup Evo or Diablo Rosso 3.
But do some Googling, there's tons of posts on these Road 5s. They've dropped the "Pilot" name now.

·
Registered
L1 750
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Took my indicator lenses out to spruce them up a bit and that.

Automotive lighting Material property Wood Metal Fashion accessory

Decided to take the bulbs out and check condition (they all work electrically)

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bullet Material property Camera lens

Bit corroded but the holders were worse:

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

So with some carb cleaner and a little brush cup on a dremel I cleaned them up:

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Automotive design Motor vehicle

Much better.

The front ones are still like new:

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

I'm out of contact cleaner but I'll get some more and give them a spray up and clean up the bulbs too if I don't decided to get new ones.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Imagine the intermittent short you would have with this indicator bulb corrosion ! Engine would be on / off / on / off. Or somewhere in-between. (y) 😁
When I visited Glasgow reticently I was amazed to see a box full of salt on the footpath, while visiting friends in East Kilbride. I asked " what is this for, your fish and chips ? " 🤣

·
Premium Member
6,157 Posts
yea maybe he rode it in the wet salty roads, that's some funky corrosion, if the lenses are cracked get new, all those should be sealed air tight, a crack in the lens or bad gasket can let moisture in and ruin sockets, then bulbs short out.. good thing you caught it and restored them.. bikes gonna be better then the day it rolled off the assembly line... (y)

·
Registered
L1 750
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 · (Edited)
Finished sorting out the front indicator lenses:
Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Hood

Not done the rears yet.

And got the front Road 5 done:
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Automotive lighting

Only thing is the Hel logos are at a stupid angle. Fitted them with the mudguard removed and they looked ok but now it's on the bike I don't like them. What do you reckon?

Been keeping the battery on a Tenderizationer and she starts on the button and idles nice every time I try it. Which is fanfuckingtastic (y)
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper

·
Premium Member
6,157 Posts
if a guy was completely honest he'd have to admit these are actually damn good sportbikes, lacking today's latest electronics still a good solid package, dual maps, electronic damper big brakes and big pistons gets the job done, I'd take one, they'll do near 180mph as well which isn't bad actually for a 3/4 bike..

I remember int 2005 I test rode an anniversary, quite impressed honestly, nimble lil crotch rockets they are... :)
this ones gonna be a great bike and serve well..

my neighbor got the brand new 2012 blu/whte he was or is a member on here not sure if he still is or still has it since moved but we rode around some great bike, behaved real well..

·
Registered
L1 750
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
if a guy was completely honest he'd have to admit these are actually damn good sportbikes, lacking today's latest electronics still a good solid package, dual maps, electronic damper big brakes and big pistons gets the job done, I'd take one, they'll do near 180mph as well which isn't bad actually for a 3/4 bike..

I remember int 2005 I test rode an anniversary, quite impressed honestly, nimble lil crotch rockets they are... :)
this ones gonna be a great bike and serve well..

my neighbor got the brand new 2012 blu/whte he was or is a member on here not sure if he still is or still has it since moved but we rode around some great bike, behaved real well..
I wouldn't mind ABS but otherwise I'm glad it has no other aids. It's lighter than the 1k which is why I went for it. Seems like the perfect bike in my mind and plenty more power than I'll be able to use :)

201 - 220 of 228 Posts