Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 750 with 2600+ miles on it and it started acting up this year. I now notice when I am at a stop light the idle jumps around it always idled at 1000 but now it jumps lower and sometimes stalls I am going to the stealership for service and an inspection soon but I was wondering if anyone has had this happen? To add one more thing the lights seem to blink as the idle falls off. The bike is stock. Should I get it mapped? I can’t afford a pipe this year.
Thanks in advance
Glen
04 750 Blu/Wht

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
there should be a little black knob on under the lower left faring above the case cover region. if your sitting on the bike, you should be able to reach down and find it. its attached to a cable that will adjust the idle

·
Registered
819 Posts
Pull out your owners manual. It will guide you my son.

Or look in the gap between the gas tank & frame on the left side of the bike. You will see a adjustment screw. I was able to turn mine with a long screw driver so I didn't have to mess with picking the tank up.

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
Pull out your owners manual. It will guide you my son.

Or look in the gap between the gas tank & frame on the left side of the bike. You will see a adjustment screw. I was able to turn mine with a long screw driver so I didn't have to mess with picking the tank up.
ok.. im thinking of the last k1 models...like said, its in the owners manual

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, RTFM never came to mind. Then why read the manual when I have this source thanks again for the help
Glen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts