Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on changing my front rotors. Thinking of getting the galfer wave type, since i am running galfer lines and pads. What do you guys think of those? What are you guys running as far as aftermarket rotors and what do you think of them? Thanks for your opinions in advance.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My Ferodo billet irons come today along with the new XR pads was running Galfer 1396's on stock rotors should see some improvement Brembo master comes next month - gonna stick with the tokico calipers as I'm pretty happy with them for now. I'll let you know what I think - Figure I'll have them bedded in and tested yet today...

Read a few instances where the wave rotors produced some pulsing at the lever and So-Cal sportbike gave me a free upgrade to the iron rotors for being a member of this sight and the stainless were on a long back order.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just read up on those axis rotors...Sounds like a great product. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I have the Galfer waves on my 600 and I'm really happy with the improved performance. I've been using them for about 10,000km without fault.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder why there are such mixed reviews on the wave rotors.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
It's the same ol you like em or you don't. I really think it's the combo of waves and pads. I race with PF 95's and waves. Once the pads come to temp they're Fin great. No need for a Brembo Master for me. They'll put you over the bars at 120 pretty quick if yer not carfull.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do these aftermarket rotors perform for every day riding? I mean are they made for racing and require heating up? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just really have no idea.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Absolutely true. I ride every day - rain hail or shine - and have also done some track tiime, and the waves are better all round.
With the Galfers, they recommend the Galfer pads to go with them. I used the Galfer Gold, although I believe the Purples are their top spec pad now.
Go for it, dude, it's worth it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I run the axis irons and axis XR pads and the hit is hard and controlled - I like alot a brake as I like to brake with one finger - adding a brembo master asap....

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Decided against the wave rotors, heard too many negatives about them. Not to say that they are a bad product, as i'm sure they are all working great for those of you that have them and like them. I'm going with the ferodo axis rotors...they are on their way. I will post my opinion on them when I get them and try them out

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got my rotors from cal-sportbike. Ordered the ss ones and turns out they were out 8 weeks from the manufacturer. So cal-sportbike hooked it up with the ductile iron ones at no extra cost. Got new stands from handy stands. The $99 dollar deal. Awesome stands. Bolted the new rotors on. Amazing difference over stock. I have to still break them in so I imagine they will only get better. I am definitely pleased with all my new stuff.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
292 Posts
Don't freak out the fist time ya put her away wet...
The rotors rust up quick but the first time ya hit the brakes it's off and ya don't lose any feel from what I could tell.

God do I love these things cool looks, great perf. what more could one ask for - Oh ya a brembo master!!

I am totally satisfied

1 - 16 of 16 Posts