Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It looks like I wasnt that lucky in my bike with Rotella T6.
I used it before in audi and it was fine but after first oil change after using rotella t6 my drain plug looked like this.

that was after 2200 miles in Cali driving to school and back and only one canyon ride.
I like finding bargains but this time i burned myself. It had more in oil pan.
It definitely shifted better than mobil1 but IMO it wore our really fast, bike is having hard time starting, takes 2 tries and little noise started coming from top of the engine at high RPMs. Gap between 1 and 2 gear felt longer and longer :D After oil change bike seemed happier.
I put another canister of rotella bc I already had it but will change it after 1k miles and not going back to mobil1 also. Will try something else.
Probably amzoil or motul.
I should mentioned when I was using mobil1 draing plug had only little buildup.

Bike is 2003 gsxr600 with 17900 miles.
Just my opinion. my original question on rotella is just page before if somebody wants to see :)

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
@Lukas111 my sump plug looks the same whether I used Chevron Delo 400 15W40 or Motul 5100 10W50 or 10W40. Just finishing 20 litres of Mobil Delvac Mx15W40.

You may have another problem. Is the bike running real rich?

T6 is too thin for hotter climates. It shears down real quick too. It would be better to run the 15W40 Rotella T.

EDIT: I get a little fine grunge, about 1/4 what you have. But usually no shiny metal fragments.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
@Lukas111 my sump plug looks the same whether I used Chevron Delo 400 15W40 or Motul 5100 10W50 or 10W40. Just finishing 20 litres of Mobil Delvac Mx15W40.

You may have another problem. Is the bike running real rich?

T6 is too thin for hotter climates. It shears down real quick too. It would be better to run the 15W40 Rotella T.

EDIT: I get a little fine grunge, about 1/4 what you have. But usually no shiny metal fragments.
There is for sure metal in this one. you can see on top.
I dont know is it running rich TBH. I am about to replace spark plug. Bought used bike at 10k and got new plugs to replace, while I was doing it I found out that I had iridium newish plugs so I still replaced them but now after 7k I will put those iridium back, I kept them.
I never seen drain plug like this. And for sure for bike looks very bad.
My engine temp is usually between 170-180 and sometimes on few seconds It will go over 200 but I have fan switch and I keep it on most of the time. Also, I amnot driving it on high rpms for longer periods of time.

Only thing I am doing bad is that I have a lot of cold starts and most of the time I dont have time to warm it up, I just keep it at very low rpms till it get to temp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Realize the post is a bit dated, but I've always used Rotella in bikes I've had n no issues. What did the plug look like before w/other oils?
New to me K-9 and will change oil sometime next month or so and don't want to create an issue.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
15 Participants
hdsteal
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing