Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you're interested in signing the change dot org petition to request a fair final MotoGP race in Valencia... check out this petition.

Click here -- Change.org Rossi Petition Link

It basically requests another look at the videos and clemency for Rossi.

At the time of this posting it has close to 435,000 supporters. It's been translated into a number of languages and reported on by CNN Sports Intl. and Fox Sports AU.

Everyone has an opinion about this. I'm simply posting the link for anyone interested in seeing it or participating.

Thanks and feel free to share/repost elsewhere.

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
I don't know the rule book, but according to the FIM it's not appealable a 2nd time. The decision is final, unless there is another rule that allows a decision change there is no hope of a petition working.

Given the circumstances that rule would definitely seem unfair on this occasion. Marquez's placing for the championship will be unchanged. If anything a better rule would have been to deduct the points difference for 3rd and 4th place from Rossi's finishing points.

Also, I believe Marquez professionally fouled Rossi by turning in against Rossi and drawing the foul. Rossi left himself open for it, but that doesn't mean it's ok to excuse responsibility. It wasn't a defensive move by Marquez to prevent going off the track.

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Signed.

Marquez is a douche, hate his guts.
Agreed. He is a legend in his own mind and jealous of Rossi in my opinion. He thought he was going to be the new boy wonder and now is starting to feel a little jaded.

Even Pedrosa is starting to kick his butt after having surgery to fix his arm pump problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Penalty on Rossi is way too harsh. He should still have a fair chance to win the championship, they are cutting him off at the knees...

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Rossi should've been disqualified. Marc rode just like Rossi and Rossi couldn't handle it...
Well the claim is Marc is riding to upset Rossi. I don't know if there is an element of it in his riding, but from comments and behaviour there could be some truth to it.

We'll all maybe never know. But they were both losing a lot of time to Pedrosa and Lorenzo with the constant back and forth over taking manoeuvres. They would have both been a lot faster if one sat in behind the other for a while. I suppose they both thought one was overall faster than the other, so they both wanted the lead.

Even though Rossi fouled I still think Marquez drew the additional foul for the contact. That is, Marquez could have avoided contact, but instead decided to force the final move knowing it would result in contact. Therefore some blame should be portioned to Marquez, but it was not.

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Having looked many times now, I'll change my opinion slightly. Rossi continued to run Marquez wide. Marquez would most likely have been pushed wide off the track had he not turned into Rossi to avoid running off the track. When Marquez does turn into Rossi, Rossi fends him off by rotating his knee outwards and then Marquez goes down. Rossi then leans his bike over much more to tighten his radius back up again to prevent running wide himself and then completing the corner.

There is a very small blame against Marquez (maybe 25%), because he initiated the contact with Rossi but could have avoided it if he kept running wide. But Rossi's intentions were without doubt deliberate. I believe there was earlier physical contact from Marquez towards Rossi which could be argued was at a minimum, reckless or at a maximum intentionally reckless. I believe the same could not be said for Rossi.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,036 Posts
was a deliberate action, should have been penalised harsher IMO, that was a bullshit move.
him n marquez were racing hard, and he couldn't catch up to jorge and dani anyhow, so he can't crack the shits over that.
marquez pulled some damn tight moves, but go back to the laguna seca incident with stoner and rossi..... racing is racing, marquez can push harder than any other rider on the track, and tends to be a lot looser.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
XCSEDAN
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing