Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a double bubble smoke front wind screen from Ron Ayers on the 6th of April. I had not recieved it as of the 19th of April so I sent them an E-mail asking about the status of my order. I got an E-mail back today saying that part was on back order with a projected release date of 4-30-05.
That would have been really nice to know earlier. I wonder if I would have ever know that if I had not bothered to E-mail them because they sure made no effort to contact me. Bad way to do business if you ask me...

If you can't provide the part in a timly manor then don't list it for sale, or at least let it be known that it is on back order so the consumer has the option of finding it somewhere else, or waiting for it.

Not happy, won't be ordering from them again...

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
I ordered a double bubble smoke front wind screen from Ron Ayers on the 6th of April. I had not recieved it as of the 19th of April so I sent them an E-mail asking about the status of my order. I got an E-mail back today saying that part was on back order with a projected release date of 4-30-05.
That would have been really nice to know earlier. I wonder if I would have ever know that if I had not bothered to E-mail them because they sure made no effort to contact me. Bad way to do business if you ask me...

If you can't provide the part in a timly manor then don't list it for sale, or at least let it be known that it is on back order so the consumer has the option of finding it somewhere else, or waiting for it.

Not happy, won't be ordering from them again...
Sucks to be you, RA has always done me right.
In fact, I just checked on my backordered RK kit and it just shipped yesterday. I think I ordered it over a month or so ago.

How about those Terms & Conditions?
Line one:
Shipping times are estimates. We do not guarantee shipping times. View the complete shipping policy here.. Manufacturer back orders and cross shipments may affect shipping time.

Please refer to:
Back orders happen from time to time and they are frustrating. Unfortunately, they prevent you from receiving your parts in a timely manner. There is no way around back orders. They are issued from the manufacturers and are worldwide. If for some reason your part is on back order we will give you a call or send you an email with the projected release date. If you decide the wait is too long, we will be happy to cancel the back ordered part at no charge and ship the rest of your order. By canceling a back ordered item you forgo your place in the back order waiting list. We appreciate your patience and will make every effort to ship your order at the earliest opportunity.

https://www.ronayers.com/info/policy_info.cfm

What was your originally estimated shipping date?

Maybe they just found it was backordered and you're not the only one they have to contact?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I am well aware that backorders happen. If you read my post more carefully you would see that I am not upset that the part is backordered, I'm upset because they didn't bother to tell me until I E-MAILED THEM 15 DAYS LATER !!! As you so kindly point out ... "If for some reason your part is on back order we will give you a call or send you an email with the projected release date." That didn't happen...

Recently I placed an order with Speedworks.com. One of the items I purchased was on backorder and they called me at home the same day I placed the order to let me know. I was then able to cancil that part and get it through another vender. That was quality service.

·
420 King of the World
3,440 Posts
Agreed Cali. Replying to your email doesnt count. They should initiate contact. Call around and see if someone else has it.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Ron Ayers rulez. I have bought all kinds of stuff for my MX and street bike. I called chip and he already knew what parts I needed to convert my 01 clutch to the 02 type.

Next time call and talk to Chip he is great.

·
22,048 Posts
You never answered the questions.
What was your ORIGINALLY ESTIMATED SHIPPING DATE?
Also, maybe they just became aware of the backorder themselves and you are one of MANY people they need to contact and they hadn't yet?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
No offense Cali, but donate to the site then bitch about one of the most supportive vendors on this site.

I'm sure their business will not suffer. Yes it would have been nice if they emailed or called to let you know, but get all the facts before you come out and bash them.

There are bigger travesties in life....just ask Blaise about the new Pope selection.

·
22,048 Posts
No offense Cali, but donate to the site then bitch about one of the most supportive vendors on this site.

I'm sure their business will not suffer. Yes it would have been nice if they emailed or called to let you know, but get all the facts before you come out and bash them.

There are bigger travesties in life....just ask Blaise about the new Pope selection.
As active as I am in that thread, it's really just to ride the people who care.
I honestly don't and never will.
Ya Eternal Torment!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey cali, did you express your frustrations to RA and give them the chance to make you a happy customer BEFORE you bashed them in public forum?

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
This time of the year you will find that a lot of the dealers/suppliers have a ton of stuff on backorder. Not every dealer has the time to call everyone.

Sorry, but you have to get used to it!

rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts