Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up what ever info you want about yourself, please keep it to 1 post.
IE - When, where you like to ride and how to contact you if you want PM etc.

·
Factor
643 Posts
Hi - there are a few slabbie/slingshot addicts around in Calgary, Airdrie, High River. Hope to have my 86 GSXR11 & 05 GSXR1 out and about soon as the crushed gravel gets removed from the roads. Mostly ride short trips out of home to find some curves at Banff, Radium or on US vacations trailered behind the RV. Doing 1-2/yr track days at Miller (May 24 is next one, perimeter track) while waiting on Badlands or RockyMtn tracks! Have serious knee surgery in July to fix me up then will ride more.

·
Factor
643 Posts
I've done VI as part of Laguna Seca ride several times, beautiful place, great scenery, Butchart Gardens always worth a visit, good weather. Generally intolerably low speed limits for a sportbike, 40-50 in town/urban areas and 80-90 on highways, straight 4-lane or not. The ride across to Long Beach is nice & twisty after they've cleaned the winter/spring debris off the road. Do it early in day or cars will hold you up, it's all double striped and you do not want to pass on double stripe in BC. Also some get proportionately more speeding tickets in BC vs Alberta. With the new +40kph laws on top of the traditional zero tolerance attitudes I am very leery of going there.

·
I can count to eleven
462 Posts
I dont speed, kinda hard to explain my way when im usually the one writing them :biggrin

Im planning on breaking it up into 3 days 5-600 k each day with lots of stops to denumb my bum and stretch my legs. Should be a good ride, im just a little leary as I haven't taken a trip this long before on the bike. I know the bike is sound, ive pretty much replaced all the parts on the bike and the main harness is next.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Factor
643 Posts
My experience has been cops don't ticket cops, esp in their home area. I've sometimes had the occasion to wish I was one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
rw78o
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing