Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roebling Road ?????\'s

What do you recomend for gearing?? Higher or lower?? The track looks rather long and strait(or at least a long straitaway).

I am running my Sv and was wondering weather or not I should run the 47 tooth rear or the 45??

I'm thinking about trying to make it on the 19th and 20th!!

What do you think of the track??

Corners to watch out for??

Power at the track??

camping at the track??

Food??

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Re: Roebling Road ?????\'s

Lesson #1...STAY AWAY FROM ROEBLING unless you like racing on asphalt sealer...

But if you really gotta go...be careful...Not much run off in turns 4 thru 8... 20- 25 feet MAX them you meet "The Pines" well 6 is not bad...

Gearing for a SV... Can't help ya there...! I'm on a 600...

T9 on a 600 is pretty much WOT in 4th...! This turn takes you back onto the front straight...

T3 is super fast and can get slick and be bumpy if you go too far out from the apex...

Power is not a problem @ the track...!

Camping...? I hope you like fire ants...!!!

Hope this helped...!!!

If you want more details PM SANEE...It's his home track...!!!

FWIW...I'll NEVER go back to that place...!!!

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

That bad????

Making me worried
!

I want to enjoy myself!

·
Registered
456 Posts

don't let one guys bad experince ruin yours before you even go. I heard the same thing about nelson ledges and sure it's a shit hole, but the track is fun as hell. Everyone I went with says bad things about it but I had a great time riding, now as for the facilities, thats a different story.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

the track is fine
jackass there is just spoilt
roebling has character

lots of sealer and what not but it holds in the dry
not fun in the wet
you just have to get over the patches and tell yourself that it will hold
a true test to suspension with the bumps

·
Registered
9,334 Posts

definitely a true test of suspension ---- I had to jack around my settings like crazy to get the thing to handle the ripples well enough. whats funny is I kept that same suspension and tried it at Barber and VIR and had to change it all back to where it was...... it wouldnt work for shit at Barber or VIR

you have to know the RIGHT LINE at Roebilng... find a fast guy and ask him how to negotiate your way around.

track facilities are ok, owners are total rednecks, but the track is very fast and flowing, wish it was re-paved it would be great then. it doesn need more run-off room in some areas too.

best place to get on someone, turn 1. you can really rip through there.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

hey stefan
havent you ridden jennings before?
if you have just gear your bike 2 down in the rear from your jennings gearing and start from there
pm me if you have more questions and want to know the fast line

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

hey stefan
if you have just gear your bike 2 down in the rear from your jennings gearing and start from there
You ckack me up...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

don't let one guys bad experince ruin yours before you even go. I heard the same thing about nelson ledges and sure it's a shit hole, but the track is fun as hell. Everyone I went with says bad things about it but I had a great time riding, now as for the facilities, thats a different story.
I never said "I didn't have fun" or didn't enjoy the racing and paint trading we did while there...Now you hit the facility remark on the head...but I hear that new people are managing it this year... Let me see, No pit Bikes this year... and ABSOLUTELY NO MOTORS RUNNING after 7 PM or befor 7AM...that includes tuning...Pedal power it is...

I did enjoy being within 2 sec of "Homeboy" sanee's lap times and I was only there once...So Sanee you coming to VIR this year...?

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

hey stefan
Thats my problem is that I have only ridden Jennings!!
From the looks of it Jennings is tighter then Roebling, but that is just what I'm getting from a sketch of the track. I figured that the 45 tooth would be better for the long stretch then the 47. but then I am thinking that I might just keep the 47 tooth rear on and give it a try!! After all its track time and learning!!!

Thanks!!

I might try and do a solo 20 the day prior to just get used to the track(with practice seesions)! Hopefully I can make it and the weather is nice(I'm a fair weather guy)!!

Sanee any more advice that you can give me would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

rab - dont really care what lap times you are running as long as you stay behind me
. i am definitely gonna try and make vir

stefan - just enjoy it like any other track. stay off the grass, leave it to the pros

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

rab - dont really care what lap times you are running as long as you stay behind me
. i am definitely gonna try and make vir

stefan - just enjoy it like any other track. stay off the grass, leave it to the pros
who is rab...? you mean rad...
ya jackass...?

Not ready to comment on the staying behind part yet...?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

dont worry as i will be very humble to you at vir
but as for now, i will talk lots of shit
agreed...

·
Registered
694 Posts

If its raining stay on the high side of turn 5 your ass will be on the ground faster than you want. also not much run off room in turn 1 either looks like it would be ok but head for turn one at or over 175 doent leave much room. eating real estate quick. but for the most part it has the 3 F's FUN FAST AND FLOWING.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts