Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time on an R6...fun bike! It has snappy power, but not as comfy as the Gix...The biggest thing I noticed was the absence of the steering damper....among other things...all in all...cool bike, but I LOVE MY GIXXER!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I rode a friends R6 today as well. That thing flicked around way too easily. Probably the absence of a steering damper made for very easy movment of the bars, however it made me want to raise the forks in the tripples. Hmm. Maybe Ill have to do that. Also the tank on that R6 was very thin compaired to the Gixxer. Just a strange feeling. I like the Gixxer better, but I think Ill have to pick one up next year for a track bike.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be great to have both bikes...the R6 definately felt "flicky" and the tranny felt "notchy" not as smooth as the gix'...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah, thats a Yamaha for ya. The first gear thunk is very loud and jolts the bike a bit. You should hear my FZR. Every gear change is accompanied by a nice crunch sound. There is nothing wrong with the tranny, it just is loud.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
05 R6 Piped, Strapped and lowered, ran in the high 9s for the quarter.

Scott

·
Registered
81 Posts

Scott
different sprockets too...

BUt i liked the ergos on the R6 better. The Gixxer is ore uncomforable on my elbows and wrists than my r6 was. And the thnner tank definitly make it easier to flick around in turns.

But, the gixxer tranny is soooo much better than the r6!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree also, my brother rides a R6 and it doesn't seem to be as smooth as my Gixxer although the throttle has alittle more kick then mine.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I rode an 05' r6 and it was a shitload more comfortable than my 600 k4. The bars are higher and you sit more upright. Way more comfy than mine. It was so noticible i even considered trading er' in.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
I agree also, my brother rides a R6 and it doesn't seem to be as smooth as my Gixxer although the throttle has alittle more kick then mine.
the r6 also has a 3 tooth larger rear sprocket stock

·
Registered
268 Posts
I rode an 05' r6 and it was a shitload more comfortable than my 600 k4. The bars are higher and you sit more upright. Way more comfy than mine. It was so noticible i even considered trading er' in.
If you like riding upright, try riding a Harley. You'd trade your gix in a second!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
If you like riding upright, try riding a Harley. You'd trade your gix in a second!
haha yep, there is a reason why you LEAN forward

they make more upright bikes
all those nakes twins and cruisers

·
Registered
650 Posts
The r6 is a fun bike. Things i dont like about it.. is 1 theres pathetic wind protecton.. even fully tucked i felt a lot of air on my legs and shoulders. trust there IS a difference at 250+ km/hr and its huge. The r6 also feels tiny.. and it feels like in riding On top of the bike.. not 'In' the gix. probably one reason why its more flickable and feels controllable but just not what i like.

That was comparing it to my 03 600. now that i have my 04 750... r6 who? definitely no comparison now!!

·
Registered
34,392 Posts

Scott

Gadson did it just lowered strapped and -1 front tooth. All stock beside that. No pipe, no slicks, no Power Commander.

·
Registered
697 Posts
The more leaned over you are the more strain on your rists, arms, and shoulders. The more upright you are more of your weight can be transfered to your legs and midsection. Which inpart makes for less fatigue on a ride. The r6 is more comfortable than the gixx.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ok so that's why it was soo easy to get the front up. Yea my bro's bike you don't lean as much but the seat is hard as shit though. Still prefer my Gixxer6 over it, just dosen't seem as smooth to me.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
Ok so that's why it was soo easy to get the front up. Yea my bro's bike you don't lean as much but the seat is hard as shit though. Still prefer my Gixxer6 over it, just dosen't seem as smooth to me.
ya they are 16/48 while the gix is 16/45
although the gearing in the tranny might be different so i could all balance out. The final gearing isn't everything. But then agin i'm getting into stuff I don't know about.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The more leaned over you are the more strain on your rists, arms, and shoulders. The more upright you are more of your weight can be transfered to your legs and midsection. Which inpart makes for less fatigue on a ride. The r6 is more comfortable than the gixx.
If you're looking for an upright bike, go get a fucking Harley already. There is a reason why you ride leaning forward on a sportbike. Rider fatigue is not the #1 concern.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i feel the same, the r6 is more comfortalbe if for some reason you buy a sportbike for the looks, not to ride hard, plus the steering is loose as fck without the damper. as far as wheeling, i tried it, and maybe its jut me, but ill stick to that shit on a gixxer. the r6 just felt unstable and the tank slap sucks when coming down, however the radial mount brakes and inverted forks make it better then last years model, and the all blacked out one does look pretty fucking sweet, but its still a gixxer for me

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
All of this goes away with the more you ride. I really don't understand why you first bought a Gixxer. All you have done is look for something new for the last 6 months or so. What's up with that man??? I bought mine because I love the way it fits me, the handling, performance, and then the looks. (in that order too!) I didn't want the fastest thing at the time, a cool "lookin" undertail exhaust, or anything else.

What's up man???? Are you that unhappy with the Gix? Why did you buy it?

Just wondering......
Not flaming you.......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts