Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing who is noticing chips to the paint from rocks. It seems a little easy to chip compared to 2002 750 I had. Defective paint?????????

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meaning what?

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Meaning what?
People had the same problems on the '03s as well and it flooded the forums. You'd think Suzuki would have addressed it on the '05 (if it is indeed a problem again.) That's all.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha, I hope not, just seems easy to chip having the bike 5 weeks.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i think that my paint on the front is a different shade than what is on the tail section...do you notice that? [/quot

i would have never bought it if the paint did not match. noticed that on the k4 yellow gsxr 6 last year

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah...I had the 03 and I was one of the ones complaining of how it seems the paint just falls off the thing....have not had this problem yet....knock on wood....

·
Registered
408 Posts
My black/silver goes too fast to pick up rock chips, sorry you got the slower one! HeHe.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Well, the more reason to get a single tone color or offer it SUZUKI!!!! Darmit!

Personally, the first thing i do after buying a motorcycle new or used is to touch it up and apply several layers of ultra hard clear cloat to the bottom layers and blend it up. Dont use the regular clear coat stuff. Get a specific one from eastwood or specialty auto store. It dries harder than glass and is guaranteed to last five years. It works. Small investment for ugly problems.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Yeah...I had the 03 and I was one of the ones complaining of how it seems the paint just falls off the thing....have not had this problem yet....knock on wood....
I just had my fairings replaced (installed last night) on my 03 due to this problem and my new ones look like they may go the same route, around front area of the radiator they look as they are bubbling. Sure hope this does not happen to you guys with the 05!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let me know when you want to line them up? And we'll see

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.