Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that most corners here are cambered the wrong way. In SA and in all of the European countries I've been to, most of the corners camber in the correct way. Why is this? The only answer I can think of is that it costs more to camber roads correctly.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i think it depends where abouts in the country you are, and how old the road is. most roads are cambered to help get rid of the rain water, rather than to help you corner faster.....

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric the viking said:
i think it depends where abouts in the country you are, and how old the road is. most roads are cambered to help get rid of the rain water, rather than to help you corner faster.....
I know that but if it's cambered to the inside it will still get rid of rain water and at the end of the day make the road safer too and not only for bikes.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
im sure thats not the only stupid thing about this side of the world that youv noticed,
wait till you take a trip over here , you will think that they give out engeneer diplomas and engeneering jobs on the back of corn flakes boxes.
its cost us more to build a stupid on road tram system than it has cost america to put men into space )

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stmb said:
im sure thats not the only stupid thing about this side of the world that youv noticed,
wait till you take a trip over here , you will think that they give out engeneer diplomas and engeneering jobs on the back of corn flakes boxes.
its cost us more to build a stupid on road tram system than it has cost america to put men into space )
You're rite I have noticed some weird shit here in Sussex like the busiest road going from east to west, the A27 has a level crossing over it that is closed for 27 minutes out of every hour and in some places goes through small towns and has a 30 mph speed limit. The A259 which is the coastal route has a swing bridge over it in Newhaven and when it opens up all traffic comes to a stand still, in addition it has a single lane bridge over the Cuckmere river that also causes traffic to back up for mile during peak hour. Generally speaking the infrastructure here in Sussex sucks.
But on the other hand there are a lot of really nice B roads that look totally awesome for bikes like the B2089 between Rye and Battle. I plan on doing this ride on the weekend and taking some pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts