Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2K 750 has been sitting in the garage for 2 YEARS.....just plain dead, no weekly start up engine. Been so busy and been out of town so I did not have time for my neglected bike. Also, just got a newborn baby and my priorities kinda shifted to the safer route. Please I need advise from you all as far as to WAKE this Monster UP from the dead as SAFE as possible. As far as I know, battery need to be replaced and major tune up is needed. Take note, the engine had been start up for 2 years. PLEASE ADVISE.

Sincerely,
Edwin

·
Registered
251 Posts
Replace the batt, start her up, let it warm up, change the oil and filter,(after you turn it off LOL) ride her, then change the coolant,(after it cools down) I don't see why you would need to change the plugs, but do it if you want. the only thing I can think of being a problem is the valve springs...some of them have been compressed for 2 years.....but i don't know if you need to worry about that or not maybe someone else can answer that......good luck

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Firstly, charge and test the battery, it might not need replacing!If you have had gas in the tank for all this time, you will need to drain the tank and clean the fuel system then fill with fresh fuel. I would change the oil and filter before starting it as condensation may have got into the oil (it will be milky white if that's the case). Check coolant level, personally I would change it. Once you have charged/replaced the battery, take the plugs out and squirt a little engine oil inside the hole, put them back in and turn the engine kill switch on so the engine won't fire and press the starter button with the ignition on. This will turn the engine over and circulate oil around the engine. Then you can try to start the engine, if it fires, great, if not, check the plugs.
Once the engine has fired up and running, check tyre pressures and look for cracks etc, cables for smoothness, chain for tightspots, lube if ness.

Good luck

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
much LOVE 2 all who replied to my post...........THANK you for the advise.....I will definetely take all these steps as careful as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts