Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first 1986 gsxr 1100a few months ago. today a buddy was looking at it and noticed the casing. The casing is for a gsxf750 and the frame is a 86 gsxr1100...... I bought it without knowledge of any of this. The guy who sold it to me knew exactly what he was doing for the simple fact he blocked me the second i tried to contact him. What do I do? Is it alright? Lemon law? Ect help please, because the way I will handle it isn't going tobe good. My serial number on my engine is R12-150849

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,628 Posts
How much did you pay for it? If you got it cheap, than you still have a fun Oiler to ride. It sounds like the bike was pieced together, with what was available at the time. So many people built 7/11's back in the day...those 1100's needed donor engines too.
It isn't necessarily a bad thing, if you got a fairly complete running example, cheap enough, although certainly misrepresented.
Were you happy with the power, before you discovered it was "only" a 750?
It sounds like a perfect bike to drop in a big engine, now you can justify it. See, not so bad.

I assume your bill of sale, read "Sold as is, where is" etc...

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,914 Posts
You can take him to court, but essentially you're SOL. This is why you have an expert examine the vehicle if you don't have any idea what you're doing.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,780 Posts
How did you find the bike, i.e. was it in an advertisement somewhere? The key issue is how was it represented and can you document that. But Beairsto's point about the price is well taken.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,753 Posts
That's why I want to see pics. If it's an old, rough pile that OP picked-up for a few bucks, none of this is worth the fuss of discussion. If it's relatively clean and he was led to believe he was buying an all original bike for good bucks, that's not the same.

In either case, however, I learned in grade 11 law class that it's caveat emptor... or let the buyer beware.

·
Registered
196 Posts
id recommend spending 6-12months and at least 5k doll hairs to recover minimal amounts. do you duty to support the legal system

You cant win them all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts