Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:crying Another Biker Dies In Northeast El Paso

El Paso County sheriff's deputies were called out to a deadly accident involving a motorcyclist on Transmountain Road around 4 p.m. Thursday.

A group of bikers from the motorcycle club known as Mayhem was out taking an afternoon ride when Gilberto Javier Guzman, 19, lost control of his motorcycle and crashed.

George Garcia, one of the bikers, spoke to KFOX about what happened.

"Yeah, he was in front of me and he just lost control. There wasn't much we could do about it," said Garcia.

The tragic news quickly spread, and a short time later, more bikers from the motorcycle club showed up.

They were emotional and in disbelief that another fellow biker had been killed.

On March 9, exactly two weeks ago, Gerard Buck, 21, was killed on Fairbanks in Northeast El Paso when his bike wrecked with an SUV.

The special traffic investigative unit of the El Paso County Sheriff's Office said Guzman was traveling at a high rate of speed and that he lost control of his Suzuki motorcycle.

Garcia told KFOX that now more than ever, he is waking up to how dangerous motorcycle riding can be.

"I had already wrecked once too, and it didn't really scare me but now it's like, I think about how it's easy. You could lose your life," said Garcia.

Copyright 2006 by KFOXTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.