Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There was a sgt in my shop, Jamaa, who would bug me day after day about what kind of bike he should get. He wanted something fast but he was new to riding so he got a 636, which he LOVED. He was so excited that he went during our lunch break and paid cash and brought it back to work. Jamaa started riding up in the mountains with us and he was getting more and more comfortable. So one day we decided to go down a little further than we usually go, and of course we had the few in the group that would haul ass and leave the rest of us behind. Jamaa tried to keep up and went around a corner and didn't lean far enough and stood his bike up and went straight into a guardrail.(he was wearing all of his gear) We kept him alive for 3 hrs doing CPR on and off. We were in the mountains so they couldn't get a helicopter in and it was windy. That was one of the hardest days of my life and I wish he was still here. I am still riding because I knew he wouldn't want me to stop. He is in better place now, God wanted him more than we did down here.
Jamaa Zachry was one of my sgts and a really good friend of mine and my fiance's. He was such an amazing person, friend, and father. He left this earth May 27, 2012. That day will forever be in our hearts.
And New riders please please PLEASE take it slow if you aren't comfortable. And lean hard and trust your bike. KNOW your boundaries!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Rip a few words to all new riders should be always go at your own pace and dont chase cause when you chase you end up messing up and can pay with your life

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found this forum on complete accident by googling Jamma's name. He was one of my very best friends and due to the circumstances of his death, a lot of us haven't been able to get closure. I just wanted to thank you for giving my heart some rest on the matter of his death. I am in Texas and the matter in which most of his friends received news of his death was absolutely horrid. We were told he died after head injuries sustained in the crash, but that he also wasn't found until the next morning. So, you can only imagine my heartbreak to know that my best friend died alone and laid out all night while I slept in my bed. I am crying tears of joy just to know that in his last moments he was surrounded by people who loved him and fought to save his life, as I would have. You have no idea what you've done for me. I cannot thank you enough. Thank you for loving him the way we all did.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I found this forum on complete accident by googling Jamma's name. He was one of my very best friends and due to the circumstances of his death, a lot of us haven't been able to get closure. I just wanted to thank you for giving my heart some rest on the matter of his death. I am in Texas and the matter in which most of his friends received news of his death was absolutely horrid. We were told he died after head injuries sustained in the crash, but that he also wasn't found until the next morning. So, you can only imagine my heartbreak to know that my best friend died alone and laid out all night while I slept in my bed. I am crying tears of joy just to know that in his last moments he was surrounded by people who loved him and fought to save his life, as I would have. You have no idea what you've done for me. I cannot thank you enough. Thank you for loving him the way we all did.
Very sorry for your loss...

:(

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
There was a sgt in my shop, Jamaa, who would bug me day after day about what kind of bike he should get. He wanted something fast but he was new to riding so he got a 636, which he LOVED. He was so excited that he went during our lunch break and paid cash and brought it back to work. Jamaa started riding up in the mountains with us and he was getting more and more comfortable. So one day we decided to go down a little further than we usually go, and of course we had the few in the group that would haul ass and leave the rest of us behind. Jamaa tried to keep up and went around a corner and didn't lean far enough and stood his bike up and went straight into a guardrail.(he was wearing all of his gear) We kept him alive for 3 hrs doing CPR on and off. We were in the mountains so they couldn't get a helicopter in and it was windy. That was one of the hardest days of my life and I wish he was still here. I am still riding because I knew he wouldn't want me to stop. He is in better place now, God wanted him more than we did down here.
Jamaa Zachry was one of my sgts and a really good friend of mine and my fiance's. He was such an amazing person, friend, and father. He left this earth May 27, 2012. That day will forever be in our hearts.
And New riders please please PLEASE take it slow if you aren't comfortable. And lean hard and trust your bike. KNOW your boundaries!!!
I'm sorry for your loss but your tale is very different from the story told (in 2012), are these even the same person? You say he died alone and wasn't found till the next day but this post talks about how C.P.R. was performed for 3 hours after crashing in the mountains.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss but your tale is very different from the story told (in 2012), are these even the same person? You say he died alone and wasn't found till the next day but this post talks about how C.P.R. was performed for 3 hours after crashing in the mountains.
I think what the poster is saying is that they were given incorrect information as to how he passed, and when he found this post he found out the correct information, which gave him some closure.

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,080 Posts
I think what the poster is saying is that they were given incorrect information as to how he passed, and when he found this post he found out the correct information, which gave him some closure.
That's how I read it too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jaama was stationed in Alamagordo, NM at the time, he is originally from TX (where I, and all of our friends live). Due to the fact that we are all so far away, the news of his death was misconstrued to us. This is definitely the same person. I just randomly cams across this forum today while doing a search for his family and read that actual story of what happened that day. I was just expressing my gratitude to the OP who did everything they could to save him. For the last four years nearly, I have been heartbroken and not able to move on because of the things that were said that weren't true. It was like a horrible game of "telephone". I feel so much better.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
My apologies to you but happy you found the truth and he was not alone in his time of need. Sad that it took almost 4 years to find the truth of that day and his passing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
Anorth
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing