Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my rimtape today from Tapeworks and aside from the instructions (clean very very very thoroughly) do you guys/gals have any helpful hints? Thanks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
as previously stated, throw it away.
Haha... Did you just make a new account? I dont even want to bother saying anything else.

Back to the original question. If you do a search you will actually find the answers to your question. This concern was brought up just less than a week ago. Just make sure that you take your time and do about 3/4 to 1 inch at a time. Dont pull onto the tape to where it stretches it. This will cause the rim stripes to look deformed after the installation. If you have stands, it would be much easier because you wouldn't have to push your bike back and forth. You can also take the rims off like a couple of other members have suggested. I didn't really find it that difficult to do it with the bike just leaned over on the kickstand (it takes me about 40 minutes to do the whole bike...tops) If you have balances on the side of your rims, There really isn't a way to cover it. Just make sure the next time you change your tires, get the sticky weights that stick to the inside of your rim. There really isn't much to it. Just take your time and make sure that you clean the wheels really good before doing it. It's usually better to do it in the sun because it makes the rim tape become a little softer. Tapeworks has 5 stripes so if you mess up on your first try, you'll still have 4 more to perfect and correct your mistakes. I hope that helps.

Here is a pic of my bike and my roomate's bike. I installed it on both with just the bike on the kickstand.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Oh yea I forgot to say that the pink kit is from tapeworks and the yellow kit is from someone on ebay. They were essentially the same thing except it was 5 bucks cheaper on ebay.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
as previously stated, throw it away.
Haha... Did you just make a new account? I dont even want to bother saying anything else.
Quick guess - leech here got banned for advertising his poser products in every post without being a site sponsor...

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
...BTW - isn't this the original thread with just all the replies removed? Hmm...

2502 - don't let the door hit you on your way out, ok?

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Well whaddaya know - 2502's first account doesn't excist in the user list anymore...

Anyway, second the advice from yellow

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
The yellow bike looks TYT with the yellow rim tape!!

Keith
Tractionless

1 - 9 of 9 Posts