Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question directed towards everyone and anyone regarding pin stripes on the rim's lip. To those that have pin stripes........What product and method did you use to do the stripe.
Everyone else.....what have you gusy heard .....?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I would just get a strong cable and place it as tightly around your neck as possible, if you need help, I'm sure there are plenty of volunteers. Good Luck!

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I used paint markers
They allow you to change the color if you like easily and it only takes 20 minutes to do
If you want a stick on www.tapeworks.com

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Buy some pinstriping from any autobody paint supply, if you wanted basic colors go to the auto parts stores. Clean the wheel lips with alcohol and slowly put it on stretch it to get the curve.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Clean the wheel lips with alcohol and slowly put it on stretch it to get the curve.
You shouldn't actually have to stretch the tape itself... if you do the thickness of the tape will be distorted and look awkward when the wheel spins. But do clean the surface with an alcohol prep pad or whatever, then be patient and slowly pull the tape around the lip, at a constant distance, WITHOUT STRETCHING the tape. You could also try using someting to mark the lip where you want to put the pin stripping and just follow that as a guide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.