Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any differences between the L5 and the K9 rims?

i looked around and found that there is a weight difference but cant find specific differences such as offsets, alignment changes and brake discs + caliper changes (except for the brand name printed on them...:wink2:)

Reason being is that i have a spare set for my k9 that i want to use for track riding on the L5, and the stock L5 set for daily riding.
I will go and test fit it on sunday, but in the meantime i might as well do research to hopefully safe me some time and effort.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Yes,both wheels are interchangeable between K9-L6 1000's

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
:thumbup

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update..

so i took the spare K9 set of wheels i have to the track, everything fits as per normal, except that the front brake disc touches the caliper as in example pictures attached, the rear has no issues.

Unless im missing something,it seems that there is a difference with the brake discs & calipers between the tokico and brembo calipers or between wheels & discs

I will refit them when i get chance and get some actual pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
You can try longer spacers for the calipers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i take it you mean add spacers between caliper and caliper mounting? but the height of the caliper is not the issue, the issue is distance from center (distance between left and right caliper), meaning that either the calipers sit closer towards the center, or the the discs sit further away from the center line

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Ah,I misunderstood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
2 Participants
oldgixxer
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing