Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if theres some knowing person who could tell me what manual is the right one for my gixxer or what model it is basically. Its a C reg 1985 American import. Frame no is GR71F-103850 and the engine no is R705-110554. Thanks so much for any advice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm not 100% sure but i think the 85 was canadian only, yanks had to import them from us. (just my 2 cents) good luck

·
Registered
308 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aaronj:
i'm not 100% sure but i think the 85 was canadian only, yanks had to import them from us. (just my 2 cents) good luck<hr></blockquote>

I think you are right. america did not get the bike officially until 1986. this was the G model, 20mm longer swing arm, slotted heat sheild on the exhaust, flat mirrors.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
To my knowledge from all the data I've accumulated...the '85 750F is the same as the G & H...with minor differences that were mentioned above. If you get a manual from Clymer, Haynes or Suzuki for an '86 G you should be able to do anything you need to your F.

·
Registered
426 Posts
fairings were also different, the '85 were strait around the front wheel and used 1 bolt to hole the under side of the upper, mids had 3 small angled holes at the back and the lowers were a tad more fat/wide. plus don't match up w/the '86-'87's (bummer)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts