Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 gsxr1000

Not sure what happened, was riding the bike..everything fine (Highway). I do ride the bike hard..never rev limiter type but def put the gears theough theire motions. but thats what there built for..no? Anyway once i noticed my right boot soaked with oil i pulled to check that the oil was fine through the sight glass after a 10 12min cooldown it was. It was right where it should be so i continued home. Once at slower speeds i noticed comong put of 1st amd 2nd there was an engine rotation type of flap around noise. Then I did feel a slight vibration in the footpegs and grips but bike made it home fine. Im gjessing the worst. Thinking maybe a crankshaft problem an hopefully not a journal bearing problem or something. Thank you for anything.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Loose oil filter?. All you can do is try to look around for the leak yourself. We can’t see it. Take things apart and get a close look. (y)

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Some type of liquid ? Did you ride through a puddle ? Smell, will tell what it is. Petrol, oil, water/glycol. Brake fluid, fork oil, These engines are made to run up to redline every gear. At 12,000 you know your alive 😁
Post in correct sub forum 12-16 GSXR 1000

1 - 3 of 3 Posts