Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? I would be looking for something all black, a little bit of a heel, but nothing too fancy. Simple/classy look would be something she wants. I don't want something that looks like a AStar SMX boot either. Something nice but she would still be fine walking around in, so not anything super aggressive. She has been wearing sneakers on the bike and I just wont allow that anymore. I don't think I am going to crash, but shit happens some times.

Any thoughts? I was thinking of getting them as a Valentines Gift so any help would be great.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
...also, easy to get on and off - one zipper and some velcro to keep the flaps in :)

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
I just upgraded to a pair of Alpinestars from my current Sidi Vertigo's after I saw this picture.

You might not like the looks of something like Alpinestars SMX but they look like that for a reason. That plastic bracing keeps them (and subsequently your lower leg) from doing that up there.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
I just upgraded to a pair of Alpinestars from my current Sidi Vertigo's after I saw this picture.

You might not like the looks of something like Alpinestars SMX but they look like that for a reason. That plastic bracing keeps them (and subsequently your lower leg) from doing that up there.

The past 4 years or so I've used Vertigo Corsas - they CAN'T bend like that. And I have Vortices now - that protect even more :)

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
The past 4 years or so I've used Vertigo Corsas - they CAN'T bend like that. And I have Vortices now - that protect even more :)

Regular Vertigos and those Strada's up there will though.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
Regular Vertigos and those Strada's up there will though.
Yes, I know - they do protect against impact and abrasion, though.

Problem is - you and I will wear race gear all the time because we know better - but lots of people take shortcuts if the gear is "inconvenient" or "looks too race-like"... :facepalm And in that case for example the Stradas are better than the alternative, sneakers

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
We sell quite a few of the ICON Hella boot to our women customers.

And the SPIDI X-K shoe seems to be popular as well. Hard call for the lady though.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Something like this maybe? It's what all the ladies in here wear. :hide

Attachments

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
At least the Keymaster is on the balls of his feet. If I were him that's what I'd be doing......well, that and holding onto Trinity by her tits :)

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. I have a pair of smx plus boots and they are awesome. My GF is not much of a fan though. I was looking at some basic SMX 5s, but I doubt they will fly. I guess I could always buy them and just make her wear them:lol

·
Registered
721 Posts
The Alpinestar SMX/plus, feels so sexy, works so great, I use them, but worst in the world thing to walk in.
But then we might keep in mind the girls are very good at walking on high heels all day in rough ground with a smile.

for my wife, it needs to be practical. She would not use a boot that is not built that can walk in.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
I love that every answer in here was from a guy! :lmao

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any suggestions? I would be looking for something all black, a little bit of a heel, but nothing too fancy. Simple/classy look would be something she wants. I don't want something that looks like a AStar SMX boot either. Something nice but she would still be fine walking around in, so not anything super aggressive. She has been wearing sneakers on the bike and I just wont allow that anymore. I don't think I am going to crash, but shit happens some times.

Any thoughts? I was thinking of getting them as a Valentines Gift so any help would be great.
I have Icon Superduty 2's and Superduty 4's. I prefer the 4's for comfort...they cover the ankle...they are easier to walk around in once off the bike. Not at all sexy but I want safety over sexy. I ride my own and ride as passenger and they work for both.

I tried on those Icon Hella boots..yes..very sexy...would be great to wear into a club or whatver...BUT I don't think I would want to ride in them as a rider or passenger..I think my feet would slip around on the pegs as a passenger and as a rider..I want my bottom surface touching the ground.

If she is wearing sneakers now...I don't think she needs to get a stiletto boot or anything to high up...The Superduty's just feel like a hightop sneaker..but the buckle will hold the laces in place and feel like they would protect my feet better than sneakers or those boots shown that look too flexible.

My 5 cents!

I love a practical man who would pick boots for Vday gift..forget the candy hearts, flowers and teddy bears...go for gear!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts